FB Season Tix Update from Pollard

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If this team is somehow in the hunt for the Big 12 title game, there damn sure should be a big crowd for that game. And Mrs. Gaggi and I are planning on going to Manhattan the next week for the K-State game.
I went to Manhattan two years ago. The weather was fantastic and there was a great turnout of ISU fans. Too bad the officials stole that one.

Capture1.PNG Lazard.PNG

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Umm...the 23rd isn’t Thanksgiving weekend. I think students will be gone, but it’s the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
Let's hope senior night means something despite a lack-luster opponent. It would be nice to have one more home game celebration with the seniors before going to Manhattan with a CCG on the line.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
The bad thing is both of those were called Pass Inference, and both times they picked up the flag. That was one of the worst screw jobs anyone has seen in years.
Refs were doing their best to give Snyder a chance in his "final" game. Then he comes back for one more year. It made it all the more sweeter that we came from behind to beat them last year.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Anybody know what the max number of season tix available is? I mean with our capacity we 45k has to be really close to that number.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Aren't those two angles of the same play?

Could be the same play, but the refs did pick up two flags on two different plays for inference against KSU in the 4th quarter of the game. Both were horrible calls. It would have been one thing if it was not called, but to throw the flag and then pick it up. The refs should never ref an ISU game again.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Anybody know what the max number of season tix available is? I mean with our capacity we 45k has to be really close to that number.

I'd probably guess somewhere between 50-53k, once you back out the road ticket allotment (5k?), single-game group sales, tickets reserved for media, etc.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I'd probably guess somewhere between 50-53k, once you back out the road ticket allotment (5k?), single-game group sales, tickets reserved for media, etc.
Are Suites counted in season ticket sales? How about the 6k in the hillsides? Because I was thinking with what you counted plus those and on field people, band etc. (that count in capacity) it would be closer to maybe 48k? But honestly I really dont know how many they actually have to sell.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Are Suites counted in season ticket sales? How about the 6k in the hillsides? Because I was thinking with what you counted plus those and on field people, band etc. (that count in capacity) it would be closer to maybe 48k? But honestly I really dont know how many they actually have to sell.

Hillsides are usually counted as season tickets by the AD. Suites probably count for the ones that are sold for the full season.

Reactions: 2speedy1

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
It confirms ISU fans are cheap asses.

Not that we needed that confirmed again.
KnappShack....I assume then that you are old enough to remember when bowl games did not want us because in their words ISU fans were too "Cheap Ass" to buy bowl game tickets...Sad but true.....

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
KnappShack....I assume then that you are old enough to remember when bowl games did not want us because in their words ISU fans were too "Cheap Ass" to buy bowl game tickets...Sad but true.....

I remember being able to take a nap in the stands after half. I could've studied, but why?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
These are amazing numbers to someone who attended ISU in the mid/late 90's. We had the whole Troy Davis thing going and still didn't sniff this type of attendance. I remember sitting on frozen seats for late season Kansas State game that looked like it had 10,000 people there.

Those were some fun years, though, as Davis was amazing to watch and ISU was actually on the map a bit due to his climb towards 2000 yards twice.

Fun is one way to put it, I guess lol. I know what you mean though. The numbers that TD was putting up was the only national recognition we were getting, but there was a lot of buzz in a day when there were only a couple games on TV and no internet. The atmosphere was kinda fun in those days cause the students truly didn’t care about the game. I have fond memories of going to those games, but I like these days a hell of a lot more.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron