Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
So will a new season ticket holder actually be able to purchase tickets tomorrow or will it be later in the week?

How high does everyone think season ticket sales will be? Will there still be any available by June/July? I'm a graduating senior trying to decide when to buy...

You can buy your tickets at any time. You won’t know what seats are available until after previous ticket holders have confirmed or selected their seats later in the year

You don’t have to pay for the tickets in a lump sum. There are payment options

When I renewed there was a message about seat selection being in May

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did you get an email about renewal of season tickets? I haven't.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
Looks like we will be joining my parents and upping their allotment to 4 total and donating to move into the middle of the west upper deck. Is there anyway to find out if that is guaranteed before hand?

No guarantees on anything, ever. Especially when you are dealing with the ISU ticket office - the most non-comittal, talk forever, and yet say nothing, group that I have encountered.

In all seriousness though, I would call the Cyclone Club and see what your options are if you don’t get what you are looking for in seat assignments that require a donation. I have got them to commit to a refund of my donation if my seats were not where I preferred. The ticket office actually told me that this was not possible until I played the Cyclone Club trump card. Part of the issue with the ticket office is it’s mostly run by students who have no ability to make decisions independent of talking to their supervisor (who is more often than not just an older student who has minimal decision rights).

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
No guarantees on anything, ever. Especially when you are dealing with the ISU ticket office - the most non-comittal, talk forever, and yet say nothing, group that I have encountered.

In all seriousness though, I would call the Cyclone Club and see what your options are if you don’t get what you are looking for in seat assignments that require a donation. I have got them to commit to a refund of my donation if my seats were not where I preferred. The ticket office actually told me that this was not possible until I played the Cyclone Club trump card. Part of the issue with the ticket office is it’s mostly run by students we have no ability to make decisions independent of talking to their supervisor (who is more often than not just an older student who has minimal decision rights).

Good Luck!

I have always had excellent service from the Athletic Department. I don’t ask them to make promises.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I have not. Cyclone Club email mentioned renewals beginning this week.

Our message just now came in (12:20 p.m.) Here's the content:

Dear Cyclone Fans,

Thank you for your incredible support of our football program. This past year we averaged nearly 58,000 fans at every home game, the highest average attendance in school history!

In addition, we had nearly 25,000 fans travel to Memphis to help us paint Beale Street Cardinal & Gold for the AutoZone Liberty Bowl. The support you provide our football program is unrivaled nationwide!

I want to share several thoughts with you as we turn our attention to the 2018 football season and begin the renewal process for football season tickets.

1. This past November we made a significant financial commitment to retain Coach Campbell and his staff. It is critical that we continue to support our coaching staff financially if we want to retain the best coaches in the country.
  2. We are in the preliminary stages of designing an important addition to our football complex that will further enhance our ability to recruit the best student-athletes in the country. The new facility will consolidate our student-athletes’ academic, nutritional, wellness and athletic needs, all under one roof, for the first time in the history of our program.
  3. Season ticket prices will be increased for the first time in four years (first time in 10 years for those fans sitting in the Jack Trice Club). Although no one likes price increases, we had to increase ticket prices by approximately 10% in order to meet our financial obligations noted above.
I want to assure you that we are committed to helping Coach Campbell and the football program win a Big 12 Championship. We are now asking you to make the same commitment and renew your season tickets for 2018.

In closing, thank you for your continued investment in our program!

Go Cyclones,

Jamie Pollard
Director of Athletics

Reactions: beentherebefore

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Our message just now came in (12:20 p.m.) Here's the content:

Dear Cyclone Fans,

Thank you for your incredible support of our football program. This past year we averaged nearly 58,000 fans at every home game, the highest average attendance in school history!

In addition, we had nearly 25,000 fans travel to Memphis to help us paint Beale Street Cardinal & Gold for the AutoZone Liberty Bowl. The support you provide our football program is unrivaled nationwide!

I want to share several thoughts with you as we turn our attention to the 2018 football season and begin the renewal process for football season tickets.

1. This past November we made a significant financial commitment to retain Coach Campbell and his staff. It is critical that we continue to support our coaching staff financially if we want to retain the best coaches in the country.
  2. We are in the preliminary stages of designing an important addition to our football complex that will further enhance our ability to recruit the best student-athletes in the country. The new facility will consolidate our student-athletes’ academic, nutritional, wellness and athletic needs, all under one roof, for the first time in the history of our program.
  3. Season ticket prices will be increased for the first time in four years (first time in 10 years for those fans sitting in the Jack Trice Club). Although no one likes price increases, we had to increase ticket prices by approximately 10% in order to meet our financial obligations noted above.
I want to assure you that we are committed to helping Coach Campbell and the football program win a Big 12 Championship. We are now asking you to make the same commitment and renew your season tickets for 2018.

In closing, thank you for your continued investment in our program!

Go Cyclones,

Jamie Pollard
Director of Athletics
Got mine at the same time. Then went online and renewed. Fewer payment plans this year, though. I went with the four payments.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
So, as a new season ticket holder, basically right now all I can do is reserve my place in line until everyone else has made their designations? When I go to check out, it just says "TBD - 17" for the section, but the row number has changed from 1 to 2 since this morning.

Not seeing anything about a young adult price, has that been done away with?

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
So, as a new season ticket holder, basically right now all I can do is reserve my place in line until everyone else has made their designations? When I go to check out, it just says "TBD - 17" for the section, but the row number has changed from 1 to 2 since this morning.

Are you making a donation to Cyclone Club? As a member of Cyclone Club you will earn priority points. eg 10 points for every 100 dollars donated, points for season ticket purchases etc. Through the years these points accumulate. In April-May athletic department will assign a time period that each season ticket purchaser will go online to keep their prior seats or release them and select others. Based on your points, you will be assigned a time that will be the earliest you can select seats

I’m a Gold so my time will be after everyone with more years/points. I’m far enough down the list that my parking is in a lot that is labeled Cardinal donation level so just because an area on the maps are labeled Gold doesn’t guarantee there will be seats or parking spaces available.

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009

No I just renewed at the Young Adult rate but it looks like it raised to $325 per season ticket (up from $275 last year). They seem to not be advertising it though.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
No I just renewed at the Young Adult rate but it looks like it raised to $325 per season ticket (up from $275 last year). They seem to not be advertising it though.

FWIW I checked with the ticket office and the recent graduate discounted rate is no longer available for new people to sign up at and current people that have that rate will be grandfathered in as long as they are eligible.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
FWIW I checked with the ticket office and the recent graduate discounted rate is no longer available for new people to sign up at and current people that have that rate will be grandfathered in as long as they are eligible.
Winning makes it easier to limit/end the discounts. More winning will probably eliminate the mobile passes next.