Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't think that construction will start this fall, so I think G7 will be available for parking. But I am not sure about this and only going by the parking map made available on cyclones.com.

Interesting tidbit. This is the first map I've seen with the new G-10 intramural volleyball court parking lot on it. That is a net gain for football parking for this year. And not as vulnerable to rain like G-7.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Interesting tidbit. This is the first map I've seen with the new G-10 intramural volleyball court parking lot on it. That is a net gain for football parking for this year. And not as vulnerable to rain like G-7.
I see where the new plaza will be the Allbaugh Family Plaza.

• Informative
Reactions: motorcy90 and Cycsk

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Do you think that lot will be made available for football parking? It would seem hard not to since I assume there would not be intramural volleyball games happening on a home football Saturday.

CompCy

Apr 7, 2006
Ames
It sounds like parking passes will be digital this year as well? Did I read that correctly? If so, any idea how that will work? If I can't make it to a game it would be nice to transfer the parking pass along with the tickets.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
It sounds like parking passes will be digital this year as well? Did I read that correctly? If so, any idea how that will work? If I can't make it to a game it would be nice to transfer the parking pass along with the tickets.

Parking passes were digital last year. Just the same as the tickets. You can transfer them or sell them on StubHub/Ticketmaster, etc.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Still no email regarding parking selection, but I did log in to my account and there is a countdown timer for me for parking lot selection. Oddly, only shows G7 as available, but that is where we always have parked cuz we like the space and my wife says the pavement is too warm.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I believe G10 will be used for Jack Trice employees, etc.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I believe G10 will be used for Jack Trice employees, etc.

Does this mean that the folks who have to walk from the other side of Hilton will be just a bridge walk away? Nice upgrade. Surprised though that they wouldn't try to use G-10 for the donors who are spiraling upward in their donation levels, especially with the loss (perhaps only temporary) of S-7 for construction of the bridge.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007

Not intending this to be political... But if NYC is opening 100% in 60 days.. I feel 99.99% confident we get a full JTS for 2021
WE will see how that goes. Personally, I think going to full stadiums is a mistake in NY, in IA, Anywhere, USA. Hopefully, it doesn't cause a major spike. As for Iowa State, two 3 game mini-packs of 30,000 each would *ensure* some spacing but allow the entire season ticket fan base to see half of the games in this Big Xii Championship season.

Let's Go State!

Last edited:

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Good luck enforcing that when it's 90 degrees in the shade.
We did it last year. I was at Taco Tech game which was 80's and sunny and everyone did a decent job with the masks. That was when it was still in doubt if fans would be allowed at future games if they didn't wear the masks though. If there is no threat of loss or personal punitive action, I am sure more will ignore the recommendation to wear a mask. Just human nature, if the reaction will have no personal impact on you, you are less likely to pay attention to it, thus if you only go to 1-2 games per year and not wearing threatens reduced capacity, I am sure many people won't care and not wear.

I have always approached it as a time of exposure thing. If you are stationary and near people, wear a mask. If you are moving and not in vicinity of any one particular person for more than a few seconds, the risk is extremely low, especially outdoors.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
We did it last year. I was at Taco Tech game which was 80's and sunny and everyone did a decent job with the masks. That was when it was still in doubt if fans would be allowed at future games if they didn't wear the masks though. If there is no threat of loss or personal punitive action, I am sure more will ignore the recommendation to wear a mask. Just human nature, if the reaction will have no personal impact on you, you are less likely to pay attention to it, thus if you only go to 1-2 games per year and not wearing threatens reduced capacity, I am sure many people won't care and not wear.

I have always approached it as a time of exposure thing. If you are stationary and near people, wear a mask. If you are moving and not in vicinity of any one particular person for more than a few seconds, the risk is extremely low, especially outdoors.
I had no issue remaining masked and safe at the TT game last year even though it was quite warm! I was just thrilled that I was able to go to a game in person.

Edited and uploaded pic from the game!

Attachments

• 2020 Texas Tech @ Iowa State.jpg
    2020 Texas Tech @ Iowa State.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: