Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Seems like a smart move considering the situation described. That prctice should save several hundred dollars.

We never took the kids to games until they got older (like 9 or 10 yrs old) and my wife has always wanted them to sit by us, so we would buy regular tickets. That, of course, costs a lot more, but "happy wife, happy life."
And now you have FOUR tickets for the Big Xii Championship Season!

Reactions: motorcy90

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Never minded the small ones at all. But it really ticks me off when people move their teenagers in. It's what drove us to get chairbacks so that we had our "territory" clearly defined. :D

Yep, totally understandable. We are getting chairbacks on the outside 2 of our 4 seats this year - not only to keep people out of our seats, but probably more so to make sure our 5 & 12 year old stay within our seats.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Never minded the small ones at all. But it really ticks me off when people move their teenagers in. It's what drove us to get chairbacks so that we had our "territory" clearly defined. :D

Our problem is the people who decide to stand behind us the whole game from our top row seats in the flat area behind our seats.

It’s fine when bored little kids come up there to play with their toys cause they have no interest in the game.

But the bozos that come up and scream obscenities or drunks that come up and vomit are not enjoyable.

We figure by the time we can pick seats, the lowest available are already 2/3s of the way up the upper deck anyway, so might as well go to the top and have more room. We were also hoping to avoid high pitched screamers behind us as well as people yelling crap at the coaches when assuredly the only people that can hear them is us.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Our problem is the people who decide to stand behind us the whole game from our top row seats in the flat area behind our seats.

It’s fine when bored little kids come up there to play with their toys cause they have no interest in the game.

But the bozos that come up and scream obscenities or drunks that come up and vomit are not enjoyable.

We figure by the time we can pick seats, the lowest available are already 2/3s of the way up the upper deck anyway, so might as well go to the top and have more room. We were also hoping to avoid high pitched screamers behind us as well as people yelling crap at the coaches when assuredly the only people that can hear them is us.

Did they have shirts on? If they didn't, one of them could have been me, somehow I lost my shirt and lost all sense of direction. I'm usually a pretty happy/funny drunk (what I've been told) though so it probably wasn't me.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Did they have shirts on? If they didn't, one of them could have been me, somehow I lost my shirt and lost all sense of direction. I'm usually a pretty happy/funny drunk (what I've been told) though so it probably wasn't me.

It happens often enough, there have been plenty of both shirted and shirtless. Also a lot obsessed with spitting over the stadium wall, which is at least better than spitting on us

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yes and yes. We’ve had mobile season passes for several years and really like them. You get to see the games from many different angles and areas.

I'm just curious, where all have been the areas you've ended up with tickets? I've always been curious which seats they give away with mobile tickets.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Here is my hill....we used to have season tickets with at our very young children at the time. We specifically chose to have the very last row in section B. Yes it was a pain walking them up and down the steps, especially during 'potty' time but we were almost ALWAYS blocked from the wind. The wind comes out of the NW so much and having that wall right behind us was so awesome. No knees in our back and still a pretty darn good view.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Here is my hill....we used to have season tickets with at our very young children at the time. We specifically chose to have the very last row in section B. Yes it was a pain walking them up and down the steps, especially during 'potty' time but we were almost ALWAYS blocked from the wind. The wind comes out of the NW so much and having that wall right behind us was so awesome. No knees in our back and still a pretty darn good view.

Shhhhhhhh

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
In college I never understood 40 hands. Always wondered why you would do something to slow down your drinking.

We had a college student do it in 15 minutes. 80 oz. Never go with malt liquor either! Usually it is just Bud Light. I will do it one game every year along with a few other people.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

When we had lower level back row seats, the concrete back wall was there. An amazingly good windbreak and kept people from leaning on us. They still could lean over, kind of, but we didn't have problems. When they removed the wall, we requested lower seats.

Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We had a college student do it in 15 minutes. 80 oz. Never go with malt liquor either! Usually it is just Bud Light. I will do it one game every year along with a few other people.
In college our warmup to drinking was a bottle of mad dog in under a minute. Could drink and breath basically.

now, I don’t drink that much in a year.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
ir

I guess my only question would be...
"why"?

It was something that was started years ago and it kinda carried over to a tradition. I've pulled a "Brett Favre" the last couple of years. If it is an 11 am game we start right a 5 am and have no issues come game time. Two years ago we had eight of us attempt it, one gal didn't finish due to she had to "go". No one has ever puked.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was something that was started years ago and it kinda carried over to a tradition. I've pulled a "Brett Favre" the last couple of years. If it is an 11 am game we start right a 5 am and have no issues come game time. Two years ago we had eight of us attempt it, one gal didn't finish due to she had to "go". No one has ever puked.
You text pictures of your junk to women is that what you mean?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm just curious, where all have been the areas you've ended up with tickets? I've always been curious which seats they give away with mobile tickets.

Literally all over. We sat in the second row at the 50 behind the Texas bench in 2019 (super fun but not great place to watch the entire game). I think you are guaranteed two lower level seat games per year. I’d say 50-60% of the time we are in the SEZ area and then spread out across the stadium for the other 40-50%.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Yep, totally understandable. We are getting chairbacks on the outside 2 of our 4 seats this year - not only to keep people out of our seats, but probably more so to make sure our 5 & 12 year old stay within our seats.

I'd recommend against that. We did that for our 4 a few years back. It makes for a very uneven seating experience. It somehow makes the seats feel even smaller than they actually are.

• Informative
Reactions: Tailg8er