Formula One starts this weekend, am I the only fan?

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
This whole sprint race thing is stupid. Qualifying is one of the best parts of the weekend I think.
Yeah, I never really thought that qualifying was broken. I think they’re trying to solve a problem that’s essentially unrelated to qualifying altogether.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Mercedes Red Bull fight intensifies with the qualifying today.

Also surprised to see Daniel having such a struggle in the McLaren, out in Q1.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Im curious do you all cheer for teams or drivers? I grew up on nascar and dirt track racing but have gotten into F1 due to the Netflix show and pandemic and now dont miss a race.

Both. Love Ashton Martin and Lawrence Stroll. Love Guenther. Love Gasly and Ver Stappen. Toto is a scoiopath and I love it. Lewis is awesome but it's hard to get excited to rooting for a guy who was so clearly the best when I got into it. I don't like RIccardo. Honestly, there's something interesting about every team.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Hoping that Mercedes doesn’t pull away from Red Bull over the course of the year. A competitive championship would be awesome, but if both teams have to spend resources on competing this year, it might allow the midfield to catch up for the new regs next year. It’s early days, but Mercedes doesn’t seem to put a foot wrong even when the regulations target them like this year.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
Both. Love Ashton Martin and Lawrence Stroll. Love Guenther. Love Gasly and Ver Stappen. Toto is a scoiopath and I love it. Lewis is awesome but it's hard to get excited to rooting for a guy who was so clearly the best when I got into it. I don't like RIccardo. Honestly, there's something interesting about every team.

I like Riccardo. Not a huge fan of Stroll. I picked Williams as my team only because I love the underdog. I like Haas because of Guenther. I actually really like Hamilton, could take or leave Ferrari.

Jonyrose

Oct 5, 2017
I like Riccardo. Not a huge fan of Stroll. I picked Williams as my team only because I love the underdog. I like Haas because of Guenther. I actually really like Hamilton, could take or leave Ferrari.
My thoughts almost to a tee, except insert gasly for Williams (still rooting for Williams, but not a lot to cheer for yet)

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
100 poles for Lewis. Max in P2. Bummer for Checo, spins out on his first flying lap in Q3.

Tougher start tomorrow for McLaren for sure.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Smart strategy move paid off for Mercedes today, wonder if pitting Max would have been the right call.

I really wish max had a more competitive teammate.

Reactions: mramseyISU

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Smart strategy move paid off for Mercedes today, wonder if pitting Max would have been the right call.

I really wish max had a more competitive teammate.

I think the window Red Bull had to make that call was so small it would have been within what, 2 laps? Even then you are chasing Hamilton which is near impossible to overcome.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think the window Red Bull had to make that call was so small it would have been within what, 2 laps? Even then you are chasing Hamilton which is near impossible to overcome.
I assume they had to know it was a possibility though, but yeah they really needed to make the call by the next time max came around.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
So did Verstapen pit too soon or not enough? That was almost a really good race.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the pace of the two Williams cars.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Watched my first race today. I was a little confused, but it was so cool to watch anyway.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Watched my first race today. I was a little confused, but it was so cool to watch anyway.
Spain is never a good race so you didn’t pick a good one to jump in on. The next one is Monaco which as a spectacle is pretty cool to watch the car onboard cameras but it’s a bit of a parade for 90 minutes because it’s too narrow of a track to get many over takes.

Reactions: cayin

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron