Henry Simon will be on campus tomorrow

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Time for me to eat some crow. My friend that works for the team told me that him making it to campus was a small chance and I wrote him off. I'll gladly eat crow for this one.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Next time you look over the depth charts, look at how few seniors will be leaving after this year on both sides.
Yeah, the Clones lose key guys like KO, Rump, and Latt...but there are a lot of bodies the staff will have a year to develop. Henry Simon hopefully will be another great addition.

Things are looking up in the trenches for ISU.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
That is great that he is going to be here, but I would think it will be quite awhile before he is in any kind of football shape or he learns all the techniques and schemes.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Wonderfully great news, but he will be wayyyy behind. Hopefully he is in some level of "OK" shape and can contribute this year.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
That is great that he is going to be here, but I would think it will be quite awhile before he is in any kind of football shape or he learns all the techniques and schemes.

Yeah, I don't think people are expecting Simon to be all conference this year; but he can provide some much needed depth at DT. I think if Burnham & Rhoads can put him in situations where he can succeed, he'll be a good addition just by letting the starters get some rest.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Holy crap. I was told by numerous reputable sources that he was a VERY long shot to make it. Glad we lucked out on one. Hope he can make the 2 deeps.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
tremendous just for depth purposes! we only have 5 real DT's on the roster, and 2 are totally unproven.

usnclone

Feb 9, 2007
Exactly what I was expecting. My sources said it may be the first week of school before we would know anything. I'm glad it worked to our favor this time.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
IMO, he's more important for next year rather than this year. I hold very little hope that he can contribute this year but if I'm wrong, that says a lot about the talent he is.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
IMO, he's more important for next year rather than this year. I hold very little hope that he can contribute this year but if I'm wrong, that says a lot about the talent he is.

thats what it looks like.

can someone inform me, what the hype is on this kid? he's a 2 star juco right? Is it just because we need bodies on the DL and he's a big body?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron