Herman int., Rhoads sound on Matt and Miller today

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
i hear ya but I picked Iowa to win weeks ago. I don't think Hampton being out is that big of a deal for the game in 2 weeks...wasn't trying to be disrepectful - just honest. thanks

Hey, I respect a guy for sticking to his guns. I have no problem with you predicting an Iowa win -- even though you will be proven wrong. :smile: And I don't think you were trying to be disrepectful.

All I was saying is that, fine, if you must talk about Iowa beating ISU, don't do it after interviewing an ISU coach. I think that is more disrepectful to the coach, not to me or any ISU fans.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I think Iowa State will be 4-1 but wouldn't be surprised at 3-2. Playing at Kent State will be more difficult than playing at home against iowa. ISU is just too young to run the table the first 5 games. Individually I'll pick ISU to win each game but I will certainly (hope not) be wrong at least once.

How do you figure? This isn't the first time I've seen that on this board, and it still doesn't make any sense. Regardless of how the Iowa game turns out, ISU should be able to walk into Kent State and handle them pretty easily.

Looking at this from an ISU fan perspective, a loss at Kent State after a home win over Iowa would make that Iowa game mean nothing. In other words, a loss at Kent State would be pretty demoralizing after a win at home against Iowa. Road game or not, this is a game that Iowa State should win easily.

Last edited:

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
How do you figure? This isn't the first time I've seen that on this board, and it still doesn't make any sense. Regardless of how the Iowa game turns out, ISU should be able to walk into Kent State and handle them pretty easily.

Looking at this from an ISU fan perspective, a loss at Kent State after a home win over Iowa would make that Iowa game mean nothing.

Because for some crazy reason, ISU seems to always raise to another level when they play Iowa, especially at Jack Trice. Then, historically, they will struggle to win on the road against anyone. Hopefully the ladder part is changing.

What is the make up of Iowans on both rosters? i would think Iowa has more home state kids than ISU. Not sure though.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I think Iowa State will be 4-1 but wouldn't be surprised at 3-2. Playing at Kent State will be more difficult than playing at home against iowa. ISU is just too young to run the table the first 5 games. Individually I'll pick ISU to win each game but I will certainly (hope not) be wrong at least once.

Looking at this from an ISU fan perspective, a loss at Kent State after a home win over Iowa would make that Iowa game mean nothing.

Hallelujah TarHeelHawk. If Iowa State can beat Iowa, how in the world would beating Kent State on the road be more difficult?

That is loser talk. Hopefully this coaching staff has gotten or can get the players to believe they can beat any team on any field on any day.

Yep, Iowa is important. But winning at Kent State is just as important. I would not be happy at all beating Iowa and losing to Kent State.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
I think anybody who picks either Iowa or Iowa State to win with a probability greater than 60% or 65% is just silly. Iowa lost JH. Big deal. Not gonna change their preseason ranking much if any (not that the rankings will be re-done or anything, I'm just sayin' -- also not sayin' they're over/under rated). Iowa State really can't point to anything specific to say we're going to be better than last year -- the circumstances from last year to this year are just TOO different (new coches and extremely different atmosphere). Recent history shows, for some reason, that ISU does better than expected against Iowa (or Iowa worse against ISU, or both), especially at home.

I haven't heard Matt dis (does that show my age?) ISU in relation to the Iowa game (if he has, then shame on you Matt!). He can have his opinion and "not be surprised if the 'Clones come away with a "W"". Opinions can change after Thur. and Sat.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Or it could be a heads up so we are sure to listen at that time to hear what one of our coaches has to say. I always try to listen to when I know an ISU coach is going to be on. I like hearing things first hand from the staff of what is going on. So what if he plugs his show, he is talking about Cyclones, most ISU fans like to hear talk about the Cyclones.

Good interview BTW.
Kind of my point -- a heads up about ISU stuff is great (tactful plug for his show). Also telling us about Iowa stuff is not a heads up, and for me that part sounds like used-car-salesman slick tacky self-promotion. It's NOT that bad, just starting to get into that tacky category.

Seriously -- it's just slightly into that category, and I wouldn't have said anything but for the other posts back and forth (some sarcastic). Give me his 1st and 3rd paragraphs from the original post and I'm good. The second paragraph came from Central Iowa Pool and Spa's hotline brought to you by Heartland Flag Pole and Custom Flags on 1460 KXnO -- Des Moines' Sports Station on location at Jethro's BBQ -- Your Drake Neighborhood Sports Bar -- just a pitching wedge away from the Knapp Center -- home of the 2007 MVC champion Drake Bulldogs where they will play the 2008 MVC champion UNI Panthers later this year.

Reactions: Cycloin

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Kind of my point -- a heads up about ISU stuff is great (tactful plug for his show). Also telling us about Iowa stuff is not a heads up, and for me that part sounds like used-car-salesman slick tacky self-promotion. It's NOT that bad, just starting to get into that tacky category.

I just get tired of all the we need more ISU talk and info, then when someone gives us that, some ***** because they are not real Cyclones, or they are only in it for money, or they went around telling us about it wrong, or they like Iowa better, or they said a bad thing about ISU, or whatever. No matter what their motives are they are talking ISU and mos of the time that is a good thing. Who cares what he said about the ISU-Iowa game, my gosh look at the two teams, take your ISU glasses off and tell me who the better team is. Worse teams than Iowa have won at JTS the last few years. So what if he plugs his show, if we listen and that helps his ratings maybe he will talke ISU more.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron