Herman int., Rhoads sound on Matt and Miller today

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Is there a rule that I can't do this? didn't know if so but I think we have some capital with this site given we have plugged Chris a ton already

Wow -

Sorry Matt - next time I'll put in bold letters "This is a joke - don't take seriously"

One would think the :jimlad: and :wink: would cover it. Not to mention the line of appreciation to finish the post.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Wow -

Sorry Matt - next time I'll put in bold letters "This is a joke - don't take seriously"

One would think the :jimlad: and :wink: would cover it. Not to mention the line of appreciation to finish the post.

He's a radio guy, maybe he didn't catch the visual cues. :jimlad:

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
As far as I am concerned, Matt can come on here and blog about what David Ortiz eats for breakfast on a daily basis.

Post whenever and whatever you'd like Matt. Tell Miller the same.

Your motives just became clear. Encourage Matt to talk about crap that nobody cares about and then when ratings plummet, you swoop in and take his job. I'm totally all for this.

Matt, by all means, let's hear some more about Creighton, the Red Sox and your gig in Alabama.

Reactions: Tornado man

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Taped the interview...Herman is great! You guys are going to love him....and I think I'm going to love the offense!

Yeah, right. You think you're going to love the ISU offense so much that right after the Herman interview you said the Hawkeyes will still beat the Cyclones, even without Hampton. Thanks for the love, man.

I guess you and Miller will be joining the rest of the media for your crow dinner on Sept. 12.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Soooo I can't love the offense for 12 games...I have to love it Game 2 or not at all? It's VERY early for Herman and the O....long term- I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. and who's to say it won't be 31-30 Iowa?

Here's the interview -

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...rts_&_Recreaction&PCAST_TITLE=KXNO-AM_Podcast

Thanks for getting the podcast up so quick Matt. (that means THANKS MATT) :wink:

Seriously - I was miffed I got hung up on errands and missed it this afternoon.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I hope Rob Howe tells us again how demanding it is to be a runningback at Iowa because they not only have to learn to carry the ball, but they also have to learn quarterback audibles and blocking schemes. That's why Brinson hasn't been able to come on like most people expected.

He's also been hurt, so he hasn't been practicing a whole lot. It makes sense that Paki is the better all around player, as he's in his 3rd year. He knows the offense, calls, schemes, protections, etc.

Brinson may well be the better back, but would you rather have a guy who gets 4 yards a carry and can pick up the blitz, or a guy who gets 4.5 YPC but whiffs on his block?

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Good to hear he's optimistic about the O-line.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
My personal opinion -- starting a thread to plug your own show has to be done carefully because it's very easy to be tacky. Your original post was fine until the Rob Howe/Ferentz comment. That made it sound (at least to me) like shameless self promotion.

".

Or it could be a heads up so we are sure to listen at that time to hear what one of our coaches has to say. I always try to listen to when I know an ISU coach is going to be on. I like hearing things first hand from the staff of what is going on. So what if he plugs his show, he is talking about Cyclones, most ISU fans like to hear talk about the Cyclones.

Good interview BTW.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Fixed that for ya. I saw him against quality foes.

Not really. Once Greene established himself as the starter, Paki got buried all they way down to the #3 spot, under Hampton. He actually didn't play in 7 of Iowa's 13 games last year. Unless you consider Maine and FIU quality opposition.

The 4.5 was just a number - the point remains the same.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Soooo I can't love the offense for 12 games...I have to love it Game 2 or not at all? It's VERY early for Herman and the O....long term- I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. and who's to say it won't be 31-30 Iowa?

I just think it's kind of funny how you rave about our coach and our offense on this website, but you tell everyone on your radio show that the Hawkeyes will still beat the Cyclones, even without their #1 tailback. It just seems a little phony to me, but maybe that's me.

With all due respect, I really hope you get to eat some crow on Sept. 12.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I just think it's kind of funny how you rave about our coach and our offense on this website, but you tell everyone on your radio show that the Hawkeyes will still beat the Cyclones, even without their #1 tailback. It just seems a little phony to me, but maybe that's me.

With all due respect, I really hope you get to eat some crow on Sept. 12.

Considering the Cyclones' recent history vs the Hawks at Jack Trice Stadium, (winning 4 of the last 5) , I think there is a pretty good chance quite a few people will be eating crow for dinner that day.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Thanks Matt. As an out-of-stater I appreciate the podcast links. I thought it was a good interview.