Herman int., Rhoads sound on Matt and Miller today

Sportstalkmatt

May 21, 2009
Des Moines
We'll have an interview with the new offensive Co-ordinator of Iowa St. Tom Herman today at 5;25 on KXnO and you will also here Paul Rhoads' Big 12 teleconference today at 6:15....

(Yes, Rob Howe of HawkeyeNation.com and Coach Ferentz Big 10 teleconference will also be heard today :)

4 to 7 pm 1460 KXnO - Des Moines' No.1 station for sports!!

Reactions: The Mook

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Isn't there a site rule about advertising :jimlad:

(I was with ya Matt, until that Rob Howe, kf thing :wink:)

Thanks for the heads up. Nice to know when particular items of interest are on.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
We'll have an interview with the new offensive Co-ordinator of Iowa St. Tom Herman today at 5;25 on KXnO and you will also hear Paul Rhoads' Big 12 teleconference today at 6:15....

(Yes, Rob Howe of HawkeyeNation.com and Coach Ferentz Big 10 teleconference will also be heard today :)

:wideeyed:

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
Great. Looking forward to it.

I was wondering when your normal time to talk ISU and Vikings sports would be. It seems that my commute has lead to lot's (too much) of Chief's and uofi talk. If you can let me know when you will normally be talking ISU, I can maybe adjust my travel time. Thanks.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I hope Rob Howe tells us again how demanding it is to be a runningback at Iowa because they not only have to learn to carry the ball, but they also have to learn quarterback audibles and blocking schemes. That's why Brinson hasn't been able to come on like most people expected.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
We'll have an interview with the new offensive Co-ordinator of Iowa St. Tom Herman today at 5;25 on KXnO and you will also here Paul Rhoads' Big 12 teleconference today at 6:15....

Must be a short interview with Herman, isn't Chief talk at 5:30?

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
I hope Rob Howe tells us again how demanding it is to be a runningback at Iowa because they not only have to learn to carry the ball, but they also have to learn quarterback audibles and blocking schemes. That's why Brinson hasn't been able to come on like most people expected.

You mean like every other running back in the nation. :jimlad:

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Exactly. I'm not hating on Rob Howe, I just thought that was one of the dumbest comments I've heard on the radio in a long time.

Sportstalkmatt

May 21, 2009
Des Moines
Our daily talks with Mitch are done. That was for training camp only. Viking talk will be at 4 pm about last night. Iowa St will be from 5:30 to 6:30

Is there a rule that I can't do this? didn't know if so but I think we have some capital with this site given we have plugged Chris a ton already

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Our daily talks with Mitch are done. That was for training camp only. Viking talk will be at 4 pm about last night. Iowa St will be from 5:30 to 6:30

Is there a rule that I can't do this? didn't know if so but I think we have some capital with this site given we have plugged Chris a ton already

A little birdie told me that you are doing the show from Ames on Thursday. Will you be taking our calls from the tailgate? What sort of delay do you have? :wink:

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA

What time is the "Wolfgang" segment. I'd really like to hear him breakdown the NDSU game :jimlad:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

As far as I am concerned, Matt can come on here and blog about what David Ortiz eats for breakfast on a daily basis.

Post whenever and whatever you'd like Matt. Tell Miller the same.

Last edited:

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

Sarcasm pirate :jimlad:

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Pretty sure the rule remark was a joke in relation to the Hawkeye sub-comments.

Acutally I would prefer to be "notified" if a quality interview might be of some interest to us as Cyclones. Just as much as I appreciate Chris coming on here and finally filling the boards with Cyclone content instead of politics this and video game that (and I'm just as guilty as anyone).

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames

My personal opinion -- starting a thread to plug your own show has to be done carefully because it's very easy to be tacky. Your original post was fine until the Rob Howe/Ferentz comment. That made it sound (at least to me) like shameless self promotion.

ALSO -- if you do post some type of plug for your show, make certain you DELIVER! I can remember a stunt that was done once (all on the radio -- not a thread here) where they promised "Coach X" was coming up in 10 minutes -- only to have the other guy do a terrible impersonation of "Coach X".