Hilton floor is for sale

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I had a cordial phone conversation with the person who had responsibility for the sale. It sounded as if they are catching some heat from the athletic department (as well as from us).

I advocated for some sort of arrangement whereby those folks whose money was taken could have priority to complete the purchase before opening it up to the public again. Even if it were just a code or something that were emailed out-they have our email addresses obviously.

He stated that they lacked the personnel to handle it manually as there were several hundred people in that situation. He said they were exploring ideas but it didn't necessarily sound like any priority will be given.

I've got no real pull, so I'm sure my input won't receive a whole lot of consideration. But he did take the time to discuss it.
I’m not sure why you think there should be any priority. I was on the site right away and mine didn’t go through. Just because yours was luck enough to go through shouldn’t matter.

They really need to just start fresh.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
I’m not sure why you think there should be any priority. I was on the site right away and mine didn’t go through. Just because yours was luck enough to go through shouldn’t matter.

Well, did you hit Pay 20+ times for over 1.5 hours? because thats what I did

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Because I have proof. Evidence matters.

And...they currently have my money.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
As I recall, the opening bid was something like $25k. I contemplated buying it and running my own sale, but got discouraged by the folks who did it the last time. In retrospect, I think I could have pulled it off by renting some vacant storage space and hiring a few guys on the side to cut and move the pieces. Seems like it would have been a fun and profitable venture.

Surprised that there was no public offering of the full logo sections. Only the Pioneer logo is "sold out" which suggests that they made a special deal.

And they should have offered some larger plain sections for people who wanted to use it as a bar or mancave floor.
Ugh, i had THE SAME thoughts. We should have done it :)

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
All of the pending charges I had yesterday have been returned.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Coming from someone who was online right at open and tried for an hour to get through, I think some are overreacting to this situation. It’s a surplus store ran by a public university, not Amazon.
Let me complain and rage at Jaime for pushing it to the surplus store.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Coming from someone who was online right at open and tried for an hour to get through, I think some are overreacting to this situation. It’s a surplus store ran by a public university, not Amazon.
Sure it wasn't outsourced to Amazun? You know, the Chinese knockoff with weird spelling . . . .

RollClones14

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2018
Updated message on their website. They say there will be plenty of lead time between the date announcement and the actual sale going live.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.10.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 11.10.16 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 76

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Hate to say it but the Howks manage to run a surplus store with all things Howk. Helmets, shoes, clothes, bags, backpacks, knee pads, football gloves, jerseys, track suits etc. I have gotten some great deals there on shoes and non Howk Nike running combat gear. Got 35 used compression gear shirts XL short, long sleave, 2 base layer pants for 50$ a month ago. Instead having to go stand in line on a Saturday at 4:00am when all the good stuff is gone to the donors or the students on Thursday and Friday.

NickJoos

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2021
Once the Surplus confirms to Athletics that they are ready to start selling again; Athletics will share on social and I will post in this thread. Thank you all for your patience as they work to rectify the issues they had earlier in the week.