How did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Are you talking about the cave or CF in general? Because that’s definitely true across the website
Broad generalization of "the stupid" being a badge of honor of society in general now.

'When talking to a horse's ass it is easier to walk away than try and convince it to eat oats”.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Have they considered making a sub forum specifically for politics? Then maybe invent some new technologies to somehow allow users to hide this new politics sub forum if they choose? Take it a step further and make these new changes very public and well known so there aren’t questions about it regularly? I don’t know. Just thinking out loud here.
I would rather they spend more time on removing the annoying pop-up ads...

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
See what I mean these people can’t help themselves:
I’m not going to say that alarsen and people that agree with him (and full disclosure, I am one) don’t bring up politics outside the cave. They/we do. But especially recently, it’s posters like you, awd, and Champlain who are starting the politics talk in non-cave threads.

because why would cave-posters start talking politics outside the cave? We’re already talking about those types of topics in the cave.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
It all started with stupid people thinking that their opinions matter or are just as valid as facts.
Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's' world. It requires profound purpose larger than the self kind of understanding.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I’d rather have an option where we can chose to block people from giving us ratings. I got a winner from Surly last week and it still has me questioning my life choices.

If you ignore someone you don't get notified of their ratings either.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I’m not going to say that alarsen and people that agree with him (and full disclosure, I am one) don’t bring up politics outside the cave. They/we do. But especially recently, it’s posters like you, awd, and Champlain who are starting the politics talk in non-cave threads.

because why would cave-posters start talking politics outside the cave? We’re already talking about those types of topics in the cave.

So you can ruin CF just like you've ruined America.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I’d rather have an option where we can chose to block people from giving us ratings. I got a winner from Surly last week and it still has me questioning my life choices.
50 points from gryfindor

• Haha
Reactions: SECyclone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Well.. because there’s a handful of people on here that are constantly creating threads about how good they are and how horrible everyone else is. Then it gets bumped with perpetual agreeing among the group, until someone deviates in the slightest. In that event the thread will remain at the top of the board for days.

And there you have it.

Cry More.

ChamplinCyclone22

Dec 17, 2020
Well there's one side that tends to think that their very political opinions aren't political (this side also tends to not go in the cave because they can't hang with facts), and the other side that gets screeched at for being "political" the second they disagree with that first side.
Talk about projection. This right here answers your question OP.

ChamplinCyclone22

Dec 17, 2020

Agreeing with the protocols that cancel mens basketball games = not political.

Questioning protocols that cancel mens basketball games = political.

Status
Not open for further replies.