Howdy from the land of EMAW. . .

cas4ksu

Sep 27, 2009
First of all I want to extend a hearty "EMAW" to all of you folks. Now, as I'm sure you're asking, what the hell is an "EMAW"? Did this cas4ksu character just disrupt the message board's equilibrium by cursing us or making a joke or what?

Well, in fact my friends, I have done neither. I have extended my "cyber-hand" of friendship to you. Being a diehard Kansas State Wildcat fan for my entire, albeit short, life. As well as having a heartfelt appreciation for the blue collar, hardworking people of the great state of Iowa. I strongly feel that this is a matchup of two football teams and programs that embody the hard-working and blue collar attitude that the fans of these two fine instiutions represent.

So with that being said, any questions about our football team I would be more than happy to answer for you folks.

EMAW. (Every Man A Wildcat)

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
First of all I want to extend a hearty "EMAW" to all of you folks. Now, as I'm sure you're asking, what the hell is an "EMAW"? Did this cas4ksu character just disrupt the message board's equilibrium by cursing us or making a joke or what?

Well, in fact my friends, I have done neither. I have extended my "cyber-hand" of friendship to you. Being a diehard Kansas State Wildcat fan for my entire, albeit short, life. As well as having a heartfelt appreciation for the blue collar, hardworking people of the great state of Iowa. I strongly feel that this is a matchup of two football teams and programs that embody the hard-working and blue collar attitude that the fans of these two fine instiutions represent.

So with that being said, any questions about our football team I would be more than happy to answer for you folks.

What type of offense are you running?

How many really good ones did you graduate last year?

Who are key play makers on your team?

Do you really think Snyder can do well?

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006

HOW DOES YOUR TEAM TAKE LOSING?

Last edited:

cas4ksu

Sep 27, 2009
What type of offense are you running?

How many really good ones did you graduate last year?

Who are key play makers on your team?

Do you really think Snyder can do well?

1. Lot of singleback and i-form type looks. Will see a good amount of shotgun along with that. Also will see some Wildcat with Daniel Thomas.

2. Josh Freeman is about all that we lost that was a really good performer for us. Ian Campbell was good his soph. year but sucked it up his last two years.

3. Defense: Tysyn Hartman, Jeff Fitzgerald, Josh Moore. So far been a pretty solid group. These are the top performers thus far.

Offense: Daniel Thomas, Brandon Banks, Keithen Valentine, Jeron Mastrud, Carson Coffman. Thomas and Banks are far and away the two biggest threats. Valentine is a nice back that can give DT a spell. Mastrud is a dependable pass catcher as well as a fine blocker. Coffman, well, I added him because he's the QB. So he'll have to make some plays to be successful.

4. I think Snyder will do as good as he recruits. Very cliche I realize. But in terms of coaching, there aren't many better.

cas4ksu

Sep 27, 2009
It's always tough to tell. ISU always play us tough.

With that being said.

K-State by 4. 21-17.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
4. I think Snyder will do as good as he recruits. Very cliche I realize. But in terms of coaching, there aren't many better.

The only thing I wonder about is can you get kids come to play for a 70 year old man? I know programs are going to use that card against you guys. It's not like KSU is Penn State or Florida State and can recruit well in spite of the head coaches age.

He is good coach however. No doubt about that.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
EMAW has to be the lamest "slogan" (hell, I don't know what it is) in college sports. It is right up there with Gig 'Em. A&M ought to change that to Giggity Gig 'em. At least everyone would know what the hell it means.

Reactions: cstrunk

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida

Bill Snyder's coaching reputation is well documented. Without coach Snyder, Hayden Fry would just be another name like Frank Lauterbur and Bob Commings - those who did not get it done. The classic formula for head coach is to hire excellent assistants. Snyder's formula has always been to do an awful lot of detail work himself. He has been a legendary work-a-holic. At 70 yrs old, he is going to have to change the formula. I will be very interested to see how this works out for him. Coach Rhoads refers to coach Snyder as a master of the game. I think that sums it up well. I wish I could be there. I really think we are going to learn a lot about our team at Arrowhead - maybe that goes both ways?