I am going to get torn apart for this

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Re: Can we fire Chizik now? If so, who do we go after?

Absolutely not. Unless we want to see post Wayne Morgan defections times ten, we stick it out and see what happens. His time table for success just got shorter though.

Oh yeah, if he doesn't get this gig then he damn well better win the north next year.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO

And which part of that isn't true?

The part that you highlighted. Gene has TWO positions vacant under him, instead of filling them he is looking for a job himself. That's quitting my man, there is no moral in this man.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale

How is going to a better job quitting? If he were leaving for a MAC or WAC school I would somewhat agree with you, but your nuts for thinking this is quitting...

I would more say that he is quitting his commitment to rebuild Iowa State for which he was paid so very much. If he had won 8 or nine games for the last 2 years then I would understand. He had ZERO success and is now looking for greener pastures.

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
Partially agree. After he fired two coaches, is suppose to be searching for replacements, and still trying to recruit with the selling point of building this program to new heights, but yet finds time to interview for a different job - its hard to have any passion for him or the future of this program.

Time to turn off the language filter.

Who demotes his coaches, keeps them and then bails? What a phony self serving SOB!

We need a hall of shame with WJ, PB and GC.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006

How is going to a better job quitting? If he were leaving for a MAC or WAC school I would somewhat agree with you, but your nuts for thinking this is quitting...

If a player was committed to Iowa State and then took a visit to Florida, isn't his policy to remove the scholarship offer?

Reactions: snowcraig2.0

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

When you don't finish what you start, it is quitting. He most certainly hasn't finished what he started. This attitude will bite him in the end.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com

When you don't finish what you start, it is quitting. He most certainly hasn't finished what he started. This attitude will bite him in the end.

Actually the sad thing is, I don't think it will bite him in the end. It sucks for ISU and the current players he's recruited, even this years class, but some how I don't see him suffering in this situation. Even if he doesn't get the job, ends up staying, each year after this he ends up being on the hot list, and not for getting fired.

Reactions: kingcy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I am with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll save my other comments until Chiz leaves then I will unleash Hell

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

If a player was committed to Iowa State and then took a visit to Florida, isn't his policy to remove the scholarship offer?

I would like to see anyone here argue this. Best point of the night so far.

The more and more I think about this, the more and more this is turning into Steve Alford II.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

Actually the sad thing is, I don't think it will bite him in the end. It sucks for ISU and the current players he's recruited, even this years class, but some how I don't see him suffering in this situation. Even if he doesn't get the job, ends up staying, each year after this he ends up being on the hot list, and not for getting fired.

It will, trust me. Show me one major coach who has done something like this and went on to great things.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
As I said in the other thread, Keith Murphy just said that his gut feeling is that Gene Chizik is gone.

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
I think its safe to say at this point that Gene feels he made a mistake coming to ISU. But the comparisons to Steve Alford are a little over the top. Steve Alford is pretty much the worst person ever.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I dont blame GC one bit...who wouldnt interview for a better job regardless.

Everyone here is just going with the media...and freaking out...playing into the hype of the bad state ISU football is in.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
On the contrary, he'd better end up getting the job - he has lost his fan support now by doing this.

I dont think so most fans probably understand...when a better job with more money comes along you take the interview.

When GC got hired it wouldnt surprised anyone this day would come...why does it lose support now?