I heard McCarney is looking for a new job

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
As I'm sure everyone knows, Coach Mac has been looking for a head coaching job over the past few weeks. What are the chances we could get him back?

Pollard needs to hire a coach that won't bolt. Possibly a coach with Iowa ties...

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
As I'm sure everyone knows, Coach Mac has been looking for a head coaching job over the past few weeks. What are the chances we could get him back?

Pollard needs to hire a coach that won't bolt. Possibly a coach with Iowa ties...

:dull:

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
MCCARNEY IS NEVER COMING BACK TO COACH ISU

GET IT?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
You have to be kidding.

He's not, and there are plenty of others like him who feel the same way. A significant portion of the fanbase never got behind Chizik, and 3 years after the 56-85 coach was fired, folks are clamoring to bring him back. God Speed ADJP...you're going to need it in order to get somebody to jump into a mess like that...

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
The only way McCarney would have a shot here is if a bunch of coaches turned us down and suddenly we got into the month of January with no coach. At that point, we may get desperate enough to call him. I think ISU is the highest profile job open at the current time so I'm sure we'll get it filled but I could see us having some problems.

Cyclone15

Aug 21, 2007
Ankeny
You know.... it was just 3 seasons ago....
7-4 and bowl appearance
7-4 and 3 losses were on the ROAD in OVERTIME (Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas)
7-4 and a certain part of the fan base was unhappy.... you think McCarney wasn't unhappy ?

My point is McCarney put players on the field that year and had us in a position to win.... a missed field goal or a missed Leader's interception in Lincoln was the difference in taking us to the next level.....

You know... I would be right there like I was when we welcomed Chizik... to welcome back Mac.... for some it would upset... but you know... reality check says we are NOT who we think we should be and may never be... I'll take 7-4's.... 9-3's.... 3-8's.... the way McCarney did... with class and loyalty... "we all know Seneca scored on that damn play"

Scott in Ankeny

Last edited:

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
How many of you guys thought Chizik would leave this year? I would not be suprised if he came back here.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

GET IT?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
You know.... it was just 3 seasons ago....
7-4 and bowl appearance
7-4 and 3 losses were on the ROAD in OVERTIME (Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas)
7-4 and a certain part of the fan base was unhappy.... you think McCarney wasn't unhappy ?

My point is McCarney put players on the field that year and had us in a position to win.... a missed field goal or a missed Leader's interception in Lincoln was the difference in taking us to the next level.....

You know... I would be right there like I was when we welcomed Chizik... to welcome back Mac.... for some it would upset... but you know... reality check says we are NOT who we think we should be and may never be... I'll take 7-4's.... 9-3's.... 3-8's.... the way McCarney did... with class and loyalty... "we all know Seneca scored on that damn play"

Scott in Ankeny

Maybe you should tell that to the low-major schools that are telling him no thanks... He gave up on recruiting as soon as Pollard was hired, no thanks...

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
The only way McCarney would have a shot here is if a bunch of coaches turned us down and suddenly we got into the month of January with no coach. At that point, we may get desperate enough to call him. I think ISU is the highest profile job open at the current time so I'm sure we'll get it filled but I could see us having some problems.

Believe me, Mac would never work for Pollard.

Help Support Us

Become a patron