I heard McCarney is looking for a new job

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
My guess is that McCarney has been told he will not be back with the Gators next year.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Bash DMac and the poster of this thread all you want. And no... I don't really think there's any chance that DMac would be considered for this spot. But if he were... I wouldn't think it would be a bad idea.

That man gave his heart for this school. And he's done well for us... I'd rather be trying to get 'over the hump' of 7 wins than not even 3 wins up the hill. Plus he'll have seen some other coaching methods to incorporate into his game... and we'll have different assistants so it won't be going back to exactly what he had.

So my answer to the thread is... not likely at all... but not a bad thought and I respect you for posting it unlike many others here who take out their pissy moods anonymously toware people they don't know.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Bash DMac and the poster of this thread all you want. And no... I don't really think there's any chance that DMac would be considered for this spot. But if he were... I wouldn't think it would be a bad idea.

That man gave his heart for this school. And he's done well for us... I'd rather be trying to get 'over the hump' of 7 wins than not even 3 wins up the hill. Plus he'll have seen some other coaching methods to incorporate into his game... and we'll have different assistants so it won't be going back to exactly what he had.

So my answer to the thread is... not likely at all... but not a bad thought and I respect you for posting it unlike many others here who take out their pissy moods anonymously toware people they don't know.

This is a great post. While Mac isn't coming back and it was probably the right move at the right time to let him go, nobody can doubt that he sure as heck wouldn't have done THIS to us.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Is Dan looking for an assistant job? Because if he is, I'd fully support that.

Hiring Dan as HC would be horrible for all parties. I mean, what would that make ISU look like.

"Uh, yeah - I know we "fired" this guy a couple years ago - but apparently we made the wrong choice. No...no...it's not that we realized we couldn't do any better than Dan. We just think he's our guy and all that."

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Is Dan looking for an assistant job? Because if he is, I'd fully support that.

That would be a bigger disaster than hiring him as head coach. At the first sign of tough sledding, the DM lovers would be calling for the head coach to be fired and DM to be promoted.

norseclone

Apr 11, 2006
Superior Township, MI
First, Pollard would never do that. Hell, I wouldn't do it in his position and I don't have near his ego (not saying that as a bad thing, just that it's there). In addition, Mac would never come back here with Pollard as AD. They did not part on good terms. That chapter is closed, time to move on.

trueclone2

May 18, 2007
Ames
I was NOT in support of firing Mac when we did. I mentioned to people then that I feared constant coaching changes. And here it starts. Always must be carefull of what you ask for.

I would support the return of Mac. Hey K-State is bringing back Snyder granted under different situation than ours.