I love Iowa State Fans!

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I've got to say though that battles in Nevada is much better. they actually have the sauce on the table (unlimited) and it has a better atmosphere...

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I can't believe so many people like Battle's over HP...

Only those of us with taste buds prefer Battle's. :wink:

HP gives you a lot of average food for low $$. Their BBQ is decent, but not great. Go to Jack Stack or Gates in KC sometime and you'll have a much different opinion of HP.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Or, "Wx4Cy"? Personally, I thought that "MrsWx4Cy" was a pretty sweet nick, as it was. :biggrin:

Wx4cy started out as a household name. Once she wanted her own name (Mrs) this one made a lot less sense for me since I actually have nothing do with weather. I should probably take MrWx since I don't actually have an identity other than being her husband.

Oh well, I'll deal with it.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I've got to say though that battles in Nevada is much better. they actually have the sauce on the table (unlimited) and it has a better atmosphere...

I really agree with this. The Battles on Hayward had more atmosphere, but taking the old Blimpie building kind of is a downer for me.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
TheCity what are your plans for tomorrow? Do you guys have an itinerary that you have to follow or are you and the fam planning on roaming the tailgate areas?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Wx4cy started out as a household name. Once she wanted her own name (Mrs) this one made a lot less sense for me since I actually have nothing do with weather. I should probably take MrWx since I don't actually have an identity other than being her husband.

Oh well, I'll deal with it.

I know there are a few on here that would like to deal with it:smile: Not me, of course. I'm married.

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
PS, how do I get a cool nickname, like Money or The City?

Money:
Be clutch. Once in a little league playoff game his team was down 20-0 going into the 4th, Money ran 2 back to back TD's from 50+ and then intercepted and pass and took it to the house. (And for those of you that say "Little League?") Last year in the the "Battle for the Pump" game against city Rival Fresno City, he was at WR unitl the 4th qtr. When he entered at QB they we down 34-14. He Threw 2tds and ran 2 (including a58 yarder) they won 42 to 40.

TheCity:
Coach the best little league kids in our area (Dale City) and have the biggest heart towards the youth in your city! They'll start saying "Hey he is the City"

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
It's cool people are welcoming Money and his family and that's an awesome story at the airport!... Lets just not cross the line and be stalker-ish.....

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I really agree with this. The Battles on Hayward had more atmosphere, but taking the old Blimpie building kind of is a downer for me.

They desperately needed more room. Fred thought about the old McDonalds building, but they wanted big $$$ for that. I agree that the old Hardees building sucks.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Money:
Be clutch. Once in a little league playoff game his team was down 20-0 going into the 4th, Money ran 2 back to back TD's from 50+ and then intercepted and pass and took it to the house. (And for those of you that say "Little League?") Last year in the the "Battle for the Pump" game against city Rival Fresno City, he was at WR unitl the 4th qtr. When he entered at QB they we down 34-14. He Threw 2tds and ran 2 (including a58 yarder) they won 42 to 40.

TheCity:
Coach the best little league kids in our area (Dale City) and have the biggest heart towards the youth in your city! They'll start saying "Hey he is the City"

Cool. Is there a review board or something that approves them? I'm guessing mine would be something like WannaBe or NeverWas or Suburb or Wishhewouldjustbequiet.

Welcome to the ISU family (hopefully) and we look forward to getting to know you and your family better.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
theCity....Just to stress this point: Tomorrow will be the coldest day of the year so far in Iowa. Figure in the wind gusts and the wind chill will be downright painful if you aren't dressed for it. Bring WARM clothes.

As for Battles vs Hickory Park: Battles would always beat Hickory Park in a judged contest but HP is an experience own must see. I've always thought of HP more as "smoked" than BBQ'd. It is debatable.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
SHOW ME THE MONEY!

money.jpg

SHOW
ME
THE
MON-
NEY!!!!!!

Reactions: dinger