Iowa HS State Wrestling Tournament

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
So question for someone more in the know......is there anyone else on Iowa's roster or incoming classes who are near Ayala and Schriever at 125/133? Has Schriever wrestled Teasdale? Because Ayala and Schriever seems like a pretty solid 1-2 punch for two years from now after Lee and DeSanto graduate, especially since Schriever will have a redshirt year.

Jesse Ybarra. If things remain the same eligibility wise, likely to replace Lee at 125 after a RS this coming up year. He has won Fargo a few times and won his match at WNO at Carver. He could then move up to 133. As good or better recruit than Ayala. Schriever could move up.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Absolutely I'd start looking at other options. Raised my eyebrows when they let him in the door in the first place. Gave it a shot because all these studs were going to start rolling into the program...Zero...not even a walk on.

Not pissing off the others you mentioned. Now that would be stupid....Just saying time to open the doors to other clubs or maybe redevelop HS/JH club affiliated with Cyclones.
Just having his club related to ISU gives the club kids exposure to us. Sebolt is getting the upper level recruits training in the room, but he is not an ISU coach. It is up to our coaching staff to develop the relationships with the club kids and get their commitment.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Thats amusing. Pretty sure I do not. The idea in bringing him in was to actually land those kids(most would assume). Hasn't materialized. Don't know why. Just haven't seen...well...anything. Time to look at different options.

He doesn't have to pay? That surprises me.
I can't believe you even think we should kick SWA out of the room. The reason he is in the room is to develop in state talent so they can become top recruits (and hopefully stay in state). His job is not to land recruits for ISU. Our coaches are the ones needing to develop relationships when these kids are in the room. TJ gives us a FAR BETTER chance of developing relationships with kids than hurting us...

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I can't believe you even think we should kick SWA out of the room. The reason he is in the room is to develop in state talent so they can become top recruits (and hopefully stay in state). His job is not to land recruits for ISU. Our coaches are the ones needing to develop relationships when these kids are in the room. TJ gives us a FAR BETTER chance of developing relationships with kids than hurting us...
I had to step away after reading what he said... Good lord all mighty you want to kick him out of the room because OUR coaches aren't getting the job done getting the kids here..Yeah go ahead kick SWA out and then try to have any chance. SMH

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
So question for someone more in the know......is there anyone else on Iowa's roster or incoming classes who are near Ayala and Schriever at 125/133? Has Schriever wrestled Teasdale? Because Ayala and Schriever seems like a pretty solid 1-2 punch for two years from now after Lee and DeSanto graduate, especially since Schriever will have a redshirt year.

Teasdale is gone.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron