Iowa State 8 point favorite vs Missouri

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
As it was posted on this thread already, it appears he hurt his heel during the game on Monday.
I was hoping one of the two posters that indicated they heard something would have given further clarification. The heel thing didn't sound like it would be much of an issue based off the Halsted tweet posted, but maybe it is.

Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I was hoping one of the two posters that indicated they heard something would have given further clarification. The heel thing didn't sound like it would be much of an issue based off the Halsted tweet posted, but maybe it is.

Someone just ask Halstead on Twitter if the injury is keeping him out of the game tomorrow.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
And that team was bounced in the second round because of it. They had Elite Eight talent but had to face arguably the best #1 seed of the decade in large part because of the early season stumbles.
That team had elite eight talent? I like smoking drugs as much as the next guy but you may want to put the pipe down.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And that team was bounced in the second round because of it. They had Elite Eight talent but had to face arguably the best #1 seed of the decade in large part because of the early season stumbles.

Damnit Fred. Need to try to win those games

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
That team had elite eight talent? I like smoking drugs as much as the next guy but you may want to put the pipe down.

They easily could have won a second round game if they had a better seed. No one in the country was playing as well as Royce at that point.

Regardless I can live with a second round loss this year. Not the worst problem to have.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Damn, is Missouri that bad? Like nothing against our guys but there's no way we're favored by that much because Vegas thinks we're super good considering we've only played one game coming off a last place finish in the Big 12

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah, full on Elite Eight is a bit of a stretch...they could have beaten plenty of teams outside of that Kentucky team though.

Also doubt the Drake loss was the reason for their seeding.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I can tell you are found of them.

Absolutely it did, although it was at times hidden by the Hoiberg defense. White, the second best player in the nation at the end of the year, with a supporting class of Scotty, Babb, Allen, Ejim, and Booker had just as good of chance at the Elite Eight as most when seed-blind.

KU and Baylor, two teams we beat, made it that far. The difference? They played UK in later rounds. In the euphoria of making the tournament for the first time in many years we were willing to ignore that team underachieved.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt