Iowa State Uniform Discussions

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This would be better, if doing a b/b/w, even w/ a black facemask.
Cy Uniforms 2019  a7  - b b w  StdIStWhtface Blksocksw RedGoldJerseyTrimCY.png
Then you could have this also.
Cy Uniforms 2019  a9  - w b w  StdISt Redface Whtsocks RedGoldTrimCY.png

• Agree
Reactions: SoapyCy

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Then some of the cardinal black combos 'might' work (with some c/g trim to the black). Wish we weren't going in that direction though.

Anybody want to see some of the black/cardinal combos? They don't look 'that' bad (w/ c/g trim). Would sure like to be talking about gold addition instead of black/white!

JohnPrineforCy

Feb 1, 2019
I think you're beating a dead horse. I don't see them scratching the black and white look. Just a gut feeling, but I don't see stripes on pants happening anytime soon.

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I think you're beating a dead horse. I don't see them scratching the black and white look. Just a gut feeling, but I don't see stripes on pants happening anytime soon.

I agree. They can keep the black, but please add gold options too - helmet and pants at least!

As for the black, adding any cardinal and gold to it is tricky. Too much cardinal and we start looking like Texas Tech. Too much gold and we start looking like that other school in the state of Iowa.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You're probably right. They are going to do what they want.

I just wish they would do it MY way, haha!

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Every time I see this thread bumped, I hold out hope it's some sick new jerseys being dropped. Always disappointed.

• Agree
Reactions: SECyclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
As for the black, adding any cardinal and gold to it is tricky. Too much cardinal and we start looking like Texas Tech. Too much gold and we start looking like that other school in the state of Iowa.
I’ve said it before. The slightest tracery, a thin outline of cardinal just about anywhere (but especially on the helmet logo) identifies us as Iowa State, spices up that bland, anonymous monochrome—and would be a huge upgrade to any black ensemble.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I'm anticipating we see the addition of at least 1 gold part of the uniform this year (helmet, jersey or pants). After the CBA thing last year when they wanted people to wear yellow and we didn't have any on the uniforms I think it confirmed they needed to add something to the combo.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I'm anticipating we see the addition of at least 1 gold part of the uniform this year (helmet, jersey or pants). After the CBA thing last year when they wanted people to wear yellow and we didn't have any on the uniforms I think it confirmed they needed to add something to the combo.

I was mystified as to why we didn't. Quite a few recruits wore the gold uniform with chrome cardinal helmet. Looked pretty badass to me.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Every time I see this thread bumped, I hold out hope it's some sick new jerseys being dropped. Always disappointed.
If track record holds to last year, we will get a New thread started by someone around late July, early August with this years new uniform information, as it leaks out. They are pretty secretive. I'm not necessarily against that as it adds interest, drama I guess.

So nobody should expect anything new or earth-shattering in this thread. It will die out soon enough when there aren't any more new things or tweaks to talk about. I know it's been a long thread.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
...As for the black, adding any cardinal and gold to it is tricky. Too much cardinal and we start looking like Texas Tech. Too much gold and we start looking like that other school in the state of Iowa.
Nailed it here. Any Cardinal or Gold in Black option is very tricky. I'm beginning to think that the way it is now (without any C/G) is best. Who would have thunk it?

Count me out on a black jersey with the players name in gold on the back.... that is all Hawkeye in my eyes.
Made me re-think the red/gold trim on black. Not becuse add gold is "Hawkeye" or red is "Tech", but doing some fiddling around, black and white/silver I think might look best.

I’ve said it before. The slightest tracery, a thin outline of cardinal just about anywhere (but especially on the helmet logo) identifies us as Iowa State, spices up that bland, anonymous monochrome—and would be a huge upgrade to any black ensemble.
Yes, this is how I thought a couple weeks ago. Now I'm not so sure. I'll post a few more examples soon if anyone cares.

Here is one. C/c/b but with the monochrome black pant as it is now. One key would be to use the black helmet stickers front and back. That helps tie atleast two of three items- helmet, jersey, pant). And a b/c/b for another example.
CyUni 2019  c4 - r r b  Blkface BlkSocksw BlkCol5CY.png BlackRedBlk.png

Reactions: CYCLNST8

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron