Is This Longhorn Sarcasm?

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Texas needed the Big 12 just as much as we needed them. Do you think that they would have gotten preferential treatment if they were an SEC or Big 10 member this last decade? Also I doubt that they sign the sweet Longhorn Network deal if they were in another conference. They made a ton of money being in the Big 12. It’s not like they were just in the conference out of the goodness of their hearts. The only thing that Texas has cared about this whole time is themselves.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Texas needed the Big 12 just as much as we needed them. Do you think that they would have gotten preferential treatment if they were an SEC or Big 10 member this last decade? Also I doubt that they sign the sweet Longhorn Network deal if they were in another conference. They made a ton of money being in the Big 12. It’s not like they were just in the conference out of the goodness of their hearts. The only thing that Texas has cared about this whole time is themselves.

We made a ton of money as well. We can’t overlook that.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
We made a ton of money as well. We can’t overlook that.
Yes, it was beneficial for us to have Texas in the conference. I’m just saying that it was a sweet deal for Texas as well. The Longhorn Network made them the #1 highest paid program in the nation. They don’t have to act like we all need to kiss their feet on their way out.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Are you crazy? It’s all about the money and we benefited from them. I don’t like the article…But we collected money on their behalf. So UT did benefit ISU Football and Basketball.
I’ve noticed that any time some posts optimistic things about ISU you either disagree or call it dumb, and your comments seem very anti ISU.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
The Oklahoma boards are saying the same thing. It is true, they generate the higher ratings in football that produces the revenue.

But the OU and Texas brands have been built kicking the crap out of us as our school didn't have the resources outside of the TV contracts to compete viably with either one of them until we got an AD that tried and in many ways succeeded.

So 10-12 years from now they will be complaining about how Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi, and Mississippi State are riding their coat tails. Are they going to dump them also?

To be honest I am going to be interested to see how both fan bases react to 8-4 or 9-3 records every year. I am not even sure Texas will do that well.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
The Oklahoma boards are saying the same thing. It is true, they generate the higher ratings in football that produces the revenue.

But the OU and Texas brands have been built kicking the crap out of us as our school didn't have the resources outside of the TV contracts to compete viably with either one of them until we got an AD that tried and in many ways succeeded.

So 10-12 years from now they will be complaining about how Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi, and Mississippi State are riding their coat tails. Are they going to dump them also?

To be honest I am going to be interested to see how both fan bases react to 8-4 or 9-3 records every year. I am not even sure Texas will do that well.
Ding ding ding!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I feel like the way OU played last year would give them more sustainable success than outscoring opponents like previous years.

UT could too if they put it together but getting real buy-in there sounds very tricky.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
The guy thinks he makes some decent arguments. He’s full of crap. I have to ask why after escaping from the wretched Southwest Conference did they join the Big XII. Surely with all they had to offer they could have become their own version of Norte Dame. After all the Irish were six years into their own contract with NBC. If Texas is all he says it is, they should have been able to duplicate that template. And then why oh why did they re-up with this pitiful little league again in 2010? So many options and so much value yet they stuck around. Go screw yourself Bevo.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
The guy thinks he makes some decent arguments. He’s full of crap. I have to ask why after escaping from the wretched Southwest Conference did they join the Big XII. Surely with all they had to offer they could have become their own version of Norte Dame. After all the Irish were six years into their own contract with NBC. If Texas is all he says it is, they should have been able to duplicate that template. And then why oh why did they re-up with this pitiful little league again in 2010? So many options and so much value yet they stuck around. Go screw yourself Bevo.
Right. Those schools slunk out of the SWC swathed in scandal. When the B12 was formed the north division was the dominate division. The B12 legitimized UT again and the recruiting in-state took off. Add Mack Brown and away they go. Their best seasons in decades were built out of the lift from the B12. They benefited greatly and then forgot this when they looked at how other schools have benefited. And yes we benefited from UT.