ISU vs Texas Tech Postgame

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Glad for a win! The two complaints I had was 1) the poor close-outs on TT's perimeter players which led to some very easy lay-ups for them and, 2) sometimes got lost on their shooters where two of our guys were guarding the same person and no communication to cover up the wide-open player (which was usually Hannahs). However, that is nit-picking - I was very impressed by our excellent 8pt run when TT tied it up 50-50.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
So, lemme see if I have this right- Houge was sick and TT doesn't have many fans? Got it

Good road win to start the big 12 gauntlet. Go Cyclones!

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Not going to think about this one too much since ISU had lost like the last 5 of 6 or 6 of 7 in Lubbock.

Thank God Monte was on today. Matt did better too, just wish he would shoot more and get some plays set up for him. Good job by the Freshmen though. Everybody needs to learn to finish inside though....dunk the damned ball if you have to! Not impressed with Kane today, but everybody gets a pass once in a while. But him shooting 3's like he did was not the way back into this.

Would like to have seen SDW, Edozie and even Gibson get some minutes today. If you don't play them against Tech on the road, then who are you going to play them against? Plus, the guys looked tired out there at times today. You can't play them this much and expect them to have much left at season's end in the Big 12. Niang looked like he was wiped out at times. Surprised there were not more in the rotation today.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone else glad Tech came back? Those types of moments test us and make us finish. We learn less from a blowout.

Good win!

Learning a lesson and not receiving a loss to go with that lesson. I completely agree.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Not going to think about this one too much since ISU had lost like the last 5 of 6 or 6 of 7 in Lubbock.

Thank God Monte was on today. Matt did better too, just wish he would shoot more and get some plays set up for him. Good job by the Freshmen though. Everybody needs to learn to finish inside though....dunk the damned ball if you have to! Not impressed with Kane today, but everybody gets a pass once in a while. But him shooting 3's like he did was not the way back into this.

Would like to have seen SDW, Edozie and even Gibson get some minutes today. If you don't play them against Tech on the road, then who are you going to play them against? Plus, the guys looked tired out there at times today. You can't play them this much and expect them to have much left at season's end in the Big 12. Niang looked like he was wiped out at times. Surprised there were not more in the rotation today.

SDW did play for maybe two minutes I though

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Stat-wise, we were 5-19 from 3, matching a season low. 24-29 from the line was excellent, and for the second game in a row we had only 5 turnovers. We gave up too many offensive rebounds again (9), although not nearly as bad as NIU.

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
Echo the sentiment about Morris, very solid game . TechT has some talent like Crockett so a road win is never going to be easy. Teams just don't seem to shoot as well on the road. Naz is now 3 for 17 from 3 pt away from Hilton.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah, game ball should go to Morris IMO. He was solid. Yes, others filled the stat sheet more, but Morris was the glue that kept us together down the stretch IMO.