ISU would be undefeated with Purdy....

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
We’d probably have 1-2 more wins. But remember last year, we still only went 7-6 with arguably our most talented team. The problem is coaching, play calling, terrible OL, and terrible special teams (which surprisingly played good today minus a couple short punts).

Reactions: cyclo120

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
He needs to get better but there are all kinds of issues with this teams offense. No running game, poor pass protection, dropped passes (even X) ....the list goes on and on
Very true, but seems many are constantly using those things to give Dekkers a pass when he is just as much part of the problem.

Reactions: agentbear

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
2018 Purdy? Maybe. 2021 Purdy, who regressed under the offensive coaching staff to the point he was almost unrecognizable? Probably not.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I told the wife aftr the second home game, Deckkers has a potential but throws a slow ball, often high an at that time eveything was horizontal. 30-35 yard passes for a 2-3 yard gain. "he's going to throw interceptions as defenses sit on his throw". I didn't thik it would be this bad, wow. The game seems very fast for Deckkers. If it can't slow down for him, it will not be good for him or the team. Don't want to start over with another QB. We need him to improve, hopefully we have the personnel to get it done.

83cy

May 14, 2006
We’d probably have 1-2 more wins. But remember last year, we still only went 7-6 with arguably our most talented team. The problem is coaching, play calling, terrible OL, and terrible special teams (which surprisingly played good today minus a couple short punts).
Except another missed chip shot field goal and a knuckle ball extra point. But agree with you.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I told the wife aftr the second home game, Deckkers has a potential but throws a slow ball, often high an at that time eveything was horizontal. 30-35 yard passes for a 2-3 yard gain. "he's going to throw interceptions as defenses sit on his throw". I didn't thik it would be this bad, wow. The game seems very fast for Deckkers. If it can't slow down for him, it will not be good for him or the team. Don't want to start over with another QB. We need him to improve, hopefully we have the personnel to get it done.
It isn't going to matter who you bring in if they only have one guy who can consistently get open. At least get him a tight end to throw to. Brock struggled his sophomore year when he didn't have Hakeem Butler to bail him out. We are maybe one win better with SR Brock Purdy but I'm not even sure about that.

Alan

Sep 17, 2020
He needs to get better but there are all kinds of issues with this teams offense. No running game, poor pass protection, dropped passes (even X) ....the list goes on and on
Yes, it’s time to try a new quarterback with two games left. Maybe win can freakin win

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Dekkers is not the anwser....he played hs ball against small nw Iowa schools. Time to move on

Dekkers is our 2nd best offensive player. Our rushing offense is dead last in the conference at 77.3 yards a game (2.6 ypc!) and 123rd overall in the country at 100.9 yards a game.

The problem is poor line play which leads to the lack of a running game. I think we need to abandon the idea of having the TE’s and Rus on the field if they are a non-factor in the game plans. Defenses know what is coming when they are on the field and that X is our only playmaker on offense. When Oklahoma State gets 11 TFL’s against you, something ain’t right.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Not this s**t again.

ISU fans wanted Purdy benched numerous times in his career here.... including last year. He wasn't anything that special here either folks. Do we need to show his highlight reel of all his boneheaded plays again? It's pretty long. I don't think we want to go down that road again do we?

This team has a TON more issues than just Dekkers. The offense is flat out a joke.... and it includes a LOT of issues.
Given the circus show that our offense is, and the fact we can clearly see most of the issues were not his fault. Brock was outstanding.