It might be a hawkeye state but it is a Cyclone (Fanatic) Nation

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Re: It might be a hawkeye state but it is a Cyclone Nation

That'd be as dumb as someone thinking Iowa being the Hawkeye State had anything to do with the University of Iowa :cool:

Did someone actually say said quote, or did someone here just make it up?

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL

You're wrong, and Jamie Pollard proved it with his childish billboard. Everytime someone mentions The Hawkeye State it drive ISU fans batty. I guess you're just the exception to the rule.

So then what is the explanation for the Iowa football billboard that went up across Interstate 380 shortly after the ISU one went down? Seems to me the "doer-backer" is the childish one

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

Did someone actually say said quote, or did someone here just make it up?

Is there a quote stored someone in this database? I dunno.

I've had this argument more times than I'd ever like to admit, but I can't prove that here, so, feel free to say I'm making this up

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

Childish billboard?!?!
I suppose ISU should just accept that Story County is the only county that should have Cyclone fans. If UNI posted a billboard outside of Ames after the '07 fb game I wouldn't call it childish. But that is the difference, most UofI fans are so threatened by the thought of Cyclones growing in popularity that they must call it names like "childish" and "classless" (a friend of mine).
Kinda like the PINK LOCKER ROOMS AT KINNICK!!!! That was rediculous. What a joke. That was put in place to get an edge over the visiting team. The billboard was put there to maybe, I don't know, get a recruit to consider ISU. To win a fan or two over. To gain more publicity on a very busy interstate system. God forbid ISU gets attention outside of Ames.
You are a tool. I'm going to go play pick-up-sticks with all the other children in Story County. You go right on back to running minorities out of your community. Once one moves in, there are more to follow.

:biglaugh:

I agree with you about the billboard but that other stuff is ridiculous. Iowa fans threatened by ISU's growing popularity? I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but I will say it isn't happening until ISU at least gets to a few conference championships.

Also, you probably shouldn't be calling people (or implying that they are) racists.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009

Jamie Pollard proved it with his Brilliant work of marketing billboard. Everytime someone mentions The Hawkeye State it drive ISU fans batty. I guess you're just the exception to the rule.
fixed.

The nickname "The Hawkeye State" doesn't bother me because I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the University of Iowa.

And, in case you're interested:
the state bird is the Eastern Goldfinch
the state flower is the wild rose
the state tree is the oak
the state rock is the geode

You can thank my fourth grade teacher for those...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

fixed.

The nickname "The Hawkeye State" doesn't bother me because I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the University of Iowa.

And, in case you're interested:
the state bird is the Eastern Goldfinch
the state flower is the wild rose
the state tree is the oak
the state rock is the geode

You can thank my fourth grade teacher for those...

I am so out of rep for you it's not even funny... :laugh:

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
if you are a hawkeye,it is a featherbutt or beakface state.

if you wear the cardinal and gold,IT IS THE CYCLONE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Wahooooo....I can **** higher and longer and with more power than you can ****!

Come on guys, seriously? My head is bleeding from banging on my desk after reading just about every comment. :wub: <--- That.

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert

:biglaugh:

I agree with you about the billboard but that other stuff is ridiculous. Iowa fans threatened by ISU's growing popularity? I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but I will say it isn't happening until ISU at least gets to a few conference championships.

Also, you probably shouldn't be calling people (or implying that they are) racists.

I wasn't trying to imply that they are racist...just that they are not welcome to minorities (ISU fans in IC area) moving in and disrupting their uppity community. I was just making a comparison to the way some people try to run anyone "different" out. Thankfully hooded Hawk fans didn't burn the billboard down so the light of KF could shine down upon them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron