Jamie Pollard had us as the last 2 seed in his submission

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Exactly. He don't know the eye test. We rolled the big 12 tournament. I don't remember a team destroying the best conference in the country like we just did. What was the overall strength of schedule? That is what really matters. So not only do we get screwed. You screwed Auburn, Uconn, Illinois and everyone else in our bracket. Making us all play a way harder bracket than we should have.

And his interview makes it sound like we beat Houston just the one time, as opposed to the huge pile of big wins we had, the 2nd place spot in the nation's best conference, and the fact that the only win he's counting there happens to be the most dominant performance over a #1 since 19freaking68, and that one took a UCLA dynasty team to accomplish.

Comes off showing that he didn't understand the process or criteria at all, and that maybe he didn't even notice his own team;s outstanding season.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I couldn’t listen to the whole thing. Did he mention we were down a starter when we lost those games?

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I am going to post this and forget it and focus on winning what is in front of this.

North Carolina and the 4 2 seeds all had a total of between 10 and 11 quad 3 &4 games this year. Arizona actually had a quad 3 loss. Connecticut and Iowa State had 9 quad 4 games.

Does it really matter if some of your quad 3 or 4 games are in conference or out of conference? It should be how many you play.

I think Jamie's tweet back in December bragging about our scheduling prowess caused others in the ACC and the committee to punish us, which they did.

Now let's go win the next 6 and prove them wrong!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
To me it's not just an ISU thing; the brackets are all over the place and letting someone like VA in while others had better resumes for example isn't going by any criteria.

I don't recall a when it was this fangled across the tournament and there needs to be a correction next year.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
The committee did a crappy job. Move on...the tournament has started,
This x100. We just got off of one of the best weekends of cyclone basketball and everything is still ahead of us. Enjoy it. Life is too short to spend 5 days ******** about 3 spots.

Reactions: Cymon and aauummm

Help Support Us

Become a patron