Jared Stansbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Like finding a sugar mama.

In all seriousness, would sports marketing be a viable option with his background? Might have to leave IA, but have to think it pays at least reasonably well, and he'd do well especially if it were a basketball-centric position.
What exactly is sports marketing?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This is probably why I never hated Hassel as much as some others. Wasn't afraid to make fun of Iowa and even got sideways with some folks over in Iowa City IIRC
Pretty sure it was over the Little Lick, Lotta Bite thing he did making fun of John Lickliter. It was hilarious, but it is kinda crappy to go after a student athlete like that, even if he is a coaches son.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I get it, but it's a big umbrella. Sounds like something a college sophomore wants to major in.

Seems like it could be a feast or famine type field. Some good lucrative jobs depending on where you're at, but probably some lower level stuff that wouldn't be much of an upgrade from CF.

I know Halsted went to a marketing agency when he left 247 so that's why I thought of it

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pretty sure it was over the Little Lick, Lotta Bite thing he did making fun of John Lickliter. It was hilarious, but it is kinda crappy to go after a student athlete like that, even if he is a coaches son.
Still crazy little Lick played P6 basketball.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
The Carl Pepper skit about Iowa shows that he can make fun of Iowa too.

Heck, “Little Lick” about burned him for life with the AD. He’s funny, pulls no punches, and will absolutely sacrifice himself for the sake of a joke (like intently pretending that the 1pm kick didn’t make any sense).

Edit: I was beaten to the punch. So here’s the video:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Now that @JP4CY is a mod, I can say whatever the hell I want. He knows if they ban me, I’ll just come back with another account and tell all his dirty secrets from his childhood.

f38393def5b6af5a18ca822cec234c59.gif

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I like hassel. There I said it. Unrelated, Brend and Ferguson both have tons of potential. Hope Chris keeps hold of both of them

It is a little too general for me. Or maybe I'm spoiled with Chris and Brent because they go a lot deeper with more insight than the new Firmly Entrenched. But its only been a few shows so it takes time to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.