Jay Jordan: Evaluating Iowa State football's roster and future

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
Great content and I learned a lot. I also agree that Campbell has raised the level of the program which will make easier for the next guy.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Great article like always. Really interesting to see all of the positions and each players recruiting rankings to list them. Shows how some guys have outperformed what the evaluators thought of them as recruits.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I mean this as a compliment: Jay Jordan is the biggest geek In Cyclone Nation.

Awesome insight and perspective on the program. I hope CMC doesn’t leave for a long time, but it does give me peace of mind knowing the cupboards won’t be bare when he eventually does.

• Agree
Reactions: algonacy

Rocketac

Nov 29, 2015
Ft. Worth
Happy New Year Clones...

This is really well done......and I can confirm, without doing this level of in-depth analysis, that we saw the same type of development at Toledo. In fact, given the numbers on NFL rosters from his teams, the greater challenge of turning even lower level recruits into prospects and his overall record while here, I could make the argument that the work the staff did with us was even superior to what's been done at ISU to date

For example, Toledo has 9 on NFL rosters as of this morning of which, I believe 7-8 can be directly tied to Campbell and staff. TCU btw only has 6 while ISU has 4. Not the only metric worth looking at, but certainly one that is easily transferable.

Regardless the arrow is definitely pointing up....

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The Haaland piece and this Jay Jordan analysis has me like:

giphy.gif

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Remember after one of Iowa's big seasons may of been the year USC kicked their ass. They stepped up their recruiting level, think they may of even signed the top fullback in the country. Anyway class ended up being a major disappointment, likely most of the on paper studs that real coaches see through.

Hopefully Campbell and Co. Stick to recruiting the player instead of the rating.

Help Support Us

Become a patron