JT Rock and Jelani Hamilton will redshirt

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Bit surprised but credit for Jelani for seeing the opportunity isn't there this year and taking the development route. In this Transfer Portal era having 2 RS players has to be a oddity.
I agree but I assume JT came early just to red shirt and knew the deal. I get it with him since he would just be still in high school normally

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just curious - there a reason you announce this over just simply not playing them?
I'd assume that when TJ is discussing things with the player, the benefits and downside of such an action are discussed. If they weren't going to see the floor much, I think it increases the focus on getting better and lessens the frustrations of waiting to be called off the bench.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Just curious - there a reason you announce this over just simply not playing them?
Likely so fans don't start wondering why they are not playing every game and media doesn't continually ask questions. Address it once with a release (and maybe TJ answers ?'s at his next availability) but, then it should be done for the season