JTS Improvements - Want More

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Sod going in on the NE strip of the plaza and people were right about the "walls" too. Those are being installed along the north side of the plaza now. Does anyone know what the "trenches are on either side of the SPC's central east-west walkway are for? Are they footings for walls or features along the walkway?

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Looks like there's a bunch of visitors getting a tour right now. They even got to go across the new walkway and I saw someone doing kicking drills on the NW corner of the field earlier as well. There's a LOT of activity today.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Does anyone know what the "trenches are on either side of the SPC's central east-west walkway are for? Are they footings for walls or features along the walkway?
They’re the footings for “invisible walls”. Then right before the CyHawk game, they’ll give the entire Hawkeye marching band pretty “gift bracelets”.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I’m surprised we haven’t halted this project. Too many unknowns.

You serious, Clark? So they are going to stop work and pull the construction crews out of a project that is 95% done because of "too many unknowns"?

Reactions: usedcarguy

quadmann

Apr 26, 2021
Indianola
I saw one back in at 3:16, and still sitting there. No idea where the concrete is going though.
I think they are pouring into "trenches" that run along side the east-west walkway in front of the SPC. They are using a bobcat to shuttle the concrete into place. Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I’m surprised we haven’t halted this project. Too many unknowns.

That is the last thing we should do now. We need to show that we are deserving of being in one the P5 conferences going forward. Facilities are part of that. Now would be a great time to run the table and win a Big 12 Championship in football too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron