Latrell Bankston Commits

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Need this guy. I suspect with Bailey coming back, that Eni may play inside, with Bailey and Petersen on the outside.

Yeah- maybe if we don't land Latrell. The defense we've been running really favors a nose guard with a low center of gravity; someone in the 6' - 6'3" range. At 6'6" Enyi would have a tougher time playing at the pad level required in between the guards. He's perfectly built for fighting lengthy offensive tackles.

David Irving transitioned well to the interior, however. I guess we'll see. I'm sure coach Rasheed will experiment quite a bit in the off season.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Don't forget about Will McD. He's going to have to put on some weight to become an every down DE though
True. It will be interesting to see how they utilize Will.

Scholarship DL for 2020 are
Josh Bailey 6’2 285
JaQuan Bailey 6’2 255
Enyi Uwazurike 6’6 285
Tucker Robertson 6’3 280
Dan Sichterman 6’3 270
Zach Petersen 6’4 262
Will McDonald 6’4 230
Isaiah Lee 6’0 290
Blake Peterson 6’4 255
Corey Suttle 6’4 268
Johnny Wilson 6’3 250
Willis Singleton 6’1 301

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Campbell said on the call in show that McDonald was at 242, so he is putting on some weight. Looks to me like he's at DE to stay. He was a force rushing the passer against UT. I hope that they can get Bankston for next year, as they probably need the depth. We've seen very little of Josh Bailey or Isaiah Lee. I do think that Enyi will play more inside next year, but they're going to need a run plugger for 1st down and short yardage. Still, Zach Peterson has been a revelation and with Jaquan coming back, that's going to be a good DL. Robertson has been a good rotation player and CMC has spoken highly of Blake Peterson and Suttle, so I feel like we should have a good DL next year no matter what Bankston does.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Campbell said on the call in show that McDonald was at 242, so he is putting on some weight. Looks to me like he's at DE to stay. He was a force rushing the passer against UT. I hope that they can get Bankston for next year, as they probably need the depth. We've seen very little of Josh Bailey or Isaiah Lee. I do think that Enyi will play more inside next year, but they're going to need a run plugger for 1st down and short yardage. Still, Zach Peterson has been a revelation and with Jaquan coming back, that's going to be a good DL. Robertson has been a good rotation player and CMC has spoken highly of Blake Peterson and Suttle, so I feel like we should have a good DL next year no matter what Bankston does.
True. I don’t have much problem if we go with Bailey and Lee in the middle. Or come up with a grad transfer. But someone like Bankston might be the difference between a good DL—and a great one.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
would be great addition to an already stacked DL.

we were excited for this years DL.

next year should be even more exciting. (the return of bailey helps)

Reactions: khardbored

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
We've had a lot of close games recently, wts, I can't believe we'd ever HAVE TO play another Nose besides Lima and Johnson. Those two are studs and a 2-man rotation should be plenty. Hell, with all the TV timeouts one guy could probably do it barring injury. 2 should do the trick when they're healthy.

Probably a big reason we haven't seen much of Lee this season despite him playing a decent amount last year (when Lima was hurt)

• Agree
Reactions: BigD

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Yeah- maybe if we don't land Latrell. The defense we've been running really favors a nose guard with a low center of gravity; someone in the 6' - 6'3" range. At 6'6" Enyi would have a tougher time playing at the pad level required in between the guards. He's perfectly built for fighting lengthy offensive tackles.

David Irving transitioned well to the interior, however. I guess we'll see. I'm sure coach Rasheed will experiment quite a bit in the off season.
I don't agree with this. Most of the stud DT in the NFL are 6'4" (besides Aaron Donald who's just an outlying freakozoid). We've even seen dudes like Arik Armstead have much success and he's 6'8".

Enyi's strength is stuffing the run, so I think he will do awesome at DT.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I don't agree with this. Most of the stud DT in the NFL are 6'4" (besides Aaron Donald who's just an outlying freakozoid). We've even seen dudes like Arik Armstead have much success and he's 6'8". Enyi's strength is stuffing the run, so I think he will do awesome at DT.

i dont think there are enough adjectives in the english language to describe aaron donald

• Agree
Reactions: BACyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron