Liberty Bowl postgame thread

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
I would says this:
Coaches: F
Defense: F
Offense: D+

Rocco played well
Offensive line gets F- and should be embarrassed.
Rushing had to be a record?
General lack of urgency, sloppy tackling, just looked slow and a step behind at all positions. I know its just the liberty bowl, but have some pride....
I never thought a game where we pretty much got owned would involve no turnovers.

We really made the Big12 proud today.
Probably an unpopular take in this thread, but I really wouldn’t object to the players going into this game just wanting to have fun…like a little vacation. Winning a bowl game like this obviously wouldn’t be bad, but it’s hard to convince me it really matters.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Probably an unpopular take in this thread, but I really wouldn’t object to the players going into this game just wanting to have fun…like a little vacation. Winning a bowl game like this obviously wouldn’t be bad, but it’s hard to convince me it really matters.
the more these players opt out, transfer, etc, they games are turning into glorified scrimmages.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
That was not great. No positives to take from that outside of Becht, Higgins, and I suppose the kicker did what he needed to do today.

One thing I've thought all year is that Sama shies away from contact and is always looking for the big play instead of putting his shoulder down and taking 2-3 yards. Hopefully some time in the gym and some coaching will help him out for next year.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Seriously? I’d be interested to see the stats on how many teams collected less than 1 rushing yard this year. Probably more than I think.
Oh I'm sure you'll get the data.
In the meantime, laminate that stat and place it on every OL locker through next season. And the new strength and conditioning coordinators office door. The outside of the door.

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
I kind of feel like a consequence of people saying "oh it's a bowl game, it doesn't matter if you get blown out" might be fewer fans continuing to show up, no? Paying to watch something you are told doesn't matter is gonna have diminishing returns.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
I would says this:
Coaches: F
Defense: F
Offense: D+

Rocco played well
Offensive line gets F- and should be embarrassed.
Rushing had to be a record?
General lack of urgency, sloppy tackling, just looked slow and a step behind at all positions. I know its just the liberty bowl, but have some pride....
I never thought a game where we pretty much got owned would involve no turnovers.

We really made the Big12 proud today.
Higgins had a game.

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
Well, it certainly was a disappointment, we didn't seem to have the intensity in the opening quarter, and while it increased, it wasn't enough to overcome the beginning, as Memphis was up the whole game.