Linebacker Coach Hired

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Anyone know aything about John Chavis, DC at Tennesee last year? He's got to be looking for a job these days right?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Perhaps someone has done some investigating on their own and didn't simply steal this from a pay site? I don't know, but there are more people in the know then just those on pay sites. SHocking I know. What proof is there that this person did it or not. Perhaps we shouldn't spout off every time something gets posted on here foul.

Yeah..... well no. Poached.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
It looks to me like this guy is using rivals for information, but it also looks like he's gone to other sites for his information as well. I follwed his path and it would be easy to figure out what was going on. Did he poach from Paul, couldn't say for sure, but it looks like he wouldn't have had to so to presume that someone should be booted for that is a bit bitchy to me.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone know aything about John Chavis, DC at Tennesee last year? He's got to be looking for a job these days right?

He's been off the market for awhile after taking an offer from Les Miles to be DC at LSU for around $500,000.

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
I don't get what I poached? I put two and two together with Bray. Rumors of a young black possible assistant at a game, talk about a possible LB coach!! With Partridge, I have heard people talk about him as a possibility for a long time. I think their is a strong chance he could be the DC, but their is a strong chance for a lot of people, as well. Don't always assume the worse in people.

Reactions: Wesley

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
This does sort of make me look like an ***, and I do have a Rivals account. But I posted my Bray comment six minutes before Paul Clark. So if I stole it from him that is pretty good intuition on my part.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
This is only theory but I think the staff will wind up as follows.

HC-Paul Rhoads
OC/QB- Tom Herman
DC/DE- Charlie Partridge
RB- Kenith Pope
WR- I have no theory yet, but I think it will be from a Herman connection
OL- Bill Bleil
TE- Scott Fountain
DT- Mike Pelton
LB- Curtis Bray
DB- Chris Ash
Strength- Yancy McKnight

I hope your scenario plays out.... i would love to get Partridge, keep Pelton, and add Bray......now the last hire and its important is the WR hire......need someone in here that can really teach the position and exploit the talent we have at WR - probably the deepest position on this team. Would love this staff as it appears on paper, now, prove it can coach and its already showing it can recruit and we will be in great shape.

H

HGPuck

Only my two cents worth but the only problem in this thread is the original poster cutting and pasting a quote from a premium article. MM's post just looked bad due to the timing but when you look at post time it was nothing more than a coincidence.

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
Completely agree. I think Bray seems to have a very solid background and would be a great get. Having coached H.B. Blades, and having lots of solid background. It will be interesting to see who will be the WR coach. I have absolutely no clue on this guy!! I think it will be along the same lines as Pope and will be a surprise of sorts. I am sort of pissed now that we didn't get Scott Frost! I have wanted him since the start on our staff. I really thought he was an up-and-comer, and I guess so did Mike Bellotti!

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
Yea I see it now HG Puck. I was just "what, who is calling me out, haha" and than I looked over on Rivals and saw Paul pitching the Bray possibility. No prob everyone.

Reactions: HGPuck

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
It looks to me like this guy is using rivals for information, but it also looks like he's gone to other sites for his information as well. I follwed his path and it would be easy to figure out what was going on. Did he poach from Paul, couldn't say for sure, but it looks like he wouldn't have had to so to presume that someone should be booted for that is a bit bitchy to me.

Its a complete copy and paste job from CR. Word for word, verbatim, exactly as was written by the author who wasn't anyone on this site. Maybe he could provide his exclusive source?

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I hope whoever in stealing and re-posting premium info from another website is booted.

It's pretty lowlife-ish.........Quit posting premium info here. It's not fair to the hundreds of premium-paying subscribers @ another website to have a moron here stealing info and pretending to originate it

It isn't CR premium info. Anyone with a rivals account can view it. Even if you have a rivals account to Saint Mary's School for the Blind and ********. Paul Clark made a deal about people posting the premium info from the premium message board. That was not the case here. Unbunch the panties and quit cluttering up threads I actually want to read.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
It isn't CR premium info. Anyone with a rivals account can view it. Even if you have a rivals account to Saint Mary's School for the Blind and ********. Paul Clark made a deal about people posting the premium info from the premium message board. That was not the case here. Unbunch the panties and quit cluttering up threads I actually want to read.

BINGO. I would say 80% of the people on here pay anyway. Quit ruining threads.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

My understanding of what people are calling the poached part is the part in quote marks in the original post. ("I met with the linebackers coach and we talked about playing weakside backer. That's what I played in the Army Bowl," Mars reported.) I don't see that quote anywhere in the free info on CR, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. If you could just kindly point me in the right direction. Thanks. It sure looks like a copy and paste job to me, though.

kc_clone

Apr 16, 2006
This is indeed the crime of the century. It was just on Outside the Lines on ESPN. This is gonna make the OJ case look like nothing.

I was just sent the article by someone. Didn't mean to start WW3.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Only my two cents worth but the only problem in this thread is the original poster cutting and pasting a quote from a premium article. MM's post just looked bad due to the timing but when you look at post time it was nothing more than a coincidence.

The poster who started this thread was called out by none other than the moderator from CR..........for cutting and pasting the moderator's information he worked hard to obtain.

The poster probably has gone through life taking credit for other peoples' moves :no:

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Bottom line, if it is copyrighted, it needs to be dropped and not posted.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
This thread reminds me why I will never give CR a dime of my money.

Last edited:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I hope whoever in stealing and re-posting premium info from another website is booted.

It's pretty lowlife-ish.........Quit posting premium info here. It's not fair to the hundreds of premium-paying subscribers @ another website to have a moron here stealing info and pretending to originate it

uh-oh.....premium site police are in da house!

You know what is really low? harrassing recruits non-stop to get their thoughts on Iowa State/pestering the athletic department digging for leaks to sell the information somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone06

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
This thread reminds me why I will never give CR a dime of my money.

Why??!?! Because someone went through the work of interviewing a prospect as part of their job??

Do you feel that that is something that you are entitled to??

CR offers information to those who want it. They can offer up to date and reliable recruiting information that isn't just pure speculation. Just because you chose not too pay for it doesn't mean that the information should be free to you.