List of visitors this weekend

AWOL2000

Feb 13, 2008
Lawry Crossing, TX
Chizik did well with recruits. On paper, this class will be about the same as last year's class with last year's class having a minor advantage in my opinion. It is what they can get out of the players that will matter. I think last year's class might turn out to be one of the best in ISU history.

Just curious but what "paper" are you considering. For instance if you comepair them on ESPN this years is significantly better already. Are you using rivals or scout as a reference?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Just curious but what "paper" are you considering. For instance if you comepair them on ESPN this years is significantly better already. Are you using rivals or scout as a reference?
im beginning to really like ESPN because it seems like they do a really good, indepth analysis of players. they are probably the more trusted by me, with Rivals right up there.

last year we had one 4* and seven 3*

so far this year we have one 4* and 8*, with potential to add another 4* and some other talented players

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
im beginning to really like ESPN because it seems like they do a really good, indepth analysis of players. they are probably the more trusted by me, with Rivals right up there.

last year we had one 4* and seven 3*

so far this year we have one 4* and 8*, with potential to add another 4* and some other talented players

Holy ****! We Have an 8*?! Awesome!

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
On paper right now then it is almost exactly the same class with one more three-star. Until we see it wrapped up I would say the classes are about even. If we get Mars or Marry or both it will be a better class. I still think Chizik was a decent recruiter, but a horrible coach and I am happy he is the hell out of town.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
On paper right now then it is almost exactly the same class with one more three-star. Until we see it wrapped up I would say the classes are about even. If we get Mars or Marry or both it will be a better class. I still think Chizik was a decent recruiter, but a horrible coach and I am happy he is the hell out of town.
Same here! Im glad he brought it LJ, SJ, BW, and a bunch of other solid recruits that stayed with us

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
Again, I think it is impossible to compare the two yet, until Rhoads' guys take the field. But I definitely think we got a huge steal in Darks last year and Leonard Johnson might end up being of the better players to put on a Cyclone uniform. Sedrick should have a much better year in 2009 and of course the verdict is still out on Bo.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yes, but last years class had some guys with far more upside than their "stars" reflected (Scott Haughton among them), so I can hardly call this one the same. Just not sure about it, until someone like Mars or Marry signs. Maybe Signing Day drama like last year? :yes:

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
Also it is nearly impossible to compare this class via ESPN because they have really upped their recruiting coverage over the last year. They have half the class last year as having no ranking and I am sorry most of those guys should have been ranked in the same area as the guys this year. Darius Darks no ranking, that really played out!!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I think you have to look at every good player in this class with a lot of respect for Rhoads. Chizik had a whole season to build last years class while Rhoads basically worked with a pre-made board and he proceed to snag our assumed best recruit and another guy visiting this wek we could get. I think comparing the classes and relating that to the coaches is unfair. Think about what PR can do when he has a whole season to put his class together. Having said that, I like this class better because we could end up getting guys that fill spots we need. We needed that one guy on offense to get the ball to in space and make something happen. I think we got him in Reeves. To me JR could be our version of Trindon Holliday. I also like the linebackers we got and I felt going into recruiting, that was the position we needed to fill the worst. We also bumped up our secondary with some safties that can cover some ground.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think you have to look at every good player in this class with a lot of respect for Rhoads. Chizik had a whole season to build last years class while Rhoads basically worked with a pre-made board and he proceed to snag our assumed best recruit and another guy visiting this wek we could get.
Money Reynolds was coming to Iowa State regardless of who the coach was. I like that about the guy.

EDIT: However, we do look to have a damn fine center in Aaron Moore.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Scout shows Nolan going on a visit to Marshall this weekend, but Rivals still has him visiting us. Flip a coin, I guess...

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Scout shows Nolan going on a visit to Marshall this weekend, but Rivals still has him visiting us. Flip a coin, I guess...

I was told here that Greg doesn't update that info, but does list it in the stories. Now, I was also told that the visit date info on Scout is updated by other Scout sites, so in the end, who really knows???

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron