Lot G7 thief!!!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So this makes me ask what the rest of you do during the game. Do you totally take down the canopy? Is everything put away into your locked vehicle or do you leave a table set up?

we've been leaving the canopies up, but taking most of the coolers and smaller items that are easier to take\damage to the cars.

akaclone

Feb 15, 2007
I might be old school but,if i was to see someone around my nieghbors and didn't think they belonged there.Pretty good possibility some serious questions are gonna be asked,until the answer we were looking for came out...its not my fault that kid fell down while we were talking to him.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I might be old school but,if i was to see someone around my nieghbors and didn't think they belonged there.Pretty good possibility some serious questions are gonna be asked,until the answer we were looking for came out...its not my fault that kid fell down while we were talking to him.

Like the old joke, "How many cops does it take to throw a perp down the stairs? None, he fell."

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
We lost a chair in G7 at the Iowa game. Its seems to be the world we live in now, in 8 years never had a problem at my home- in the last 6 months - two times thieves have gone through our vehicles in our driveway..the second time the little bastards opening the hood of my car and messing with wiring..should I catch them, they will wish they hadn't. in the meantime, will try to keep everything locked, out of site and out of mind.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
This year it's been nice to have some roommates of mine tailgate with us but not go to the games. They may not be sober, but it should deter most people from trying to take something from our spot.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
We lost a chair in G7 at the Iowa game. Its seems to be the world we live in now, in 8 years never had a problem at my home- in the last 6 months - two times thieves have gone through our vehicles in our driveway..the second time the little bastards opening the hood of my car and messing with wiring..should I catch them, they will wish they hadn't. in the meantime, will try to keep everything locked, out of site and out of mind.
Blame the economy. :jimlad::wink:

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
I had one of my new full-size I-State car magnets stolen in A2 while I was in the NDSU game.....just purchased them hours beforehand - it sucks that some people actually feel comfortable taking things that aren't theirs, but that's how things seem to be.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I had one of my new full-size I-State car magnets stolen in A2 while I was in the NDSU game.....just purchased them hours beforehand - it sucks that some people actually feel comfortable taking things that aren't theirs, but that's how things seem to be.

Yeah. Ive learned lessons about taking down flags or magnets down before you go into the stadium as well.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
This is the world we live in. Be thankful it isn't near as bad in Ames as it is here in Chicago. Part of the reason I would love to move back there.

Some people just like to take things to be jerks. I am guessing that is the case with a lot of the smaller stuff.

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
I think the best security would be a couple cameras on each lots. Make it well known there are cameras and when fans report items stolen, go back to the tapes. May be hard to identify people, but would likely deter more than security guys roaming the lots.

???? :eek4wd: Yes...more cameras...making sure you are doing as you are told....

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
few years back forgot to put window flag in car.. found it under my car snapped in half... ive been in g7 this year but havent had a problem yet.. left my mini grill out last game still was there when i came back

Help Support Us

Become a patron