Lot G7 thief!!!

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
No security, maybe we need people to walk the lots and get these people during the games... Volunteers.....I like the old fashioned .... take them to the woodshed....

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
There are thieves running around during the games and stealing stuff. My daughter went back to the car on the night of the NDSU game and was nursing our granddaughter. She saw some vandals steal some chairs and other stuff left out by another group of tailgaters. But nothing she could do with a baby. We are in Lot B4. She said the thieves seem to be college age kids. Whether they are students or not, who knows? But we pretty much put everything away that can be lifted when we go into the stadium now.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
I know for fact there is security roaming lot G7 during games as I've had to ask for assistance from two of them riding in an off-road 4 wheeler. They weren't just PerMar either, full fledged police.

That said, clearly it's not enough, as things are getting stolen.

I make sure everything is packed away before going into the game just as it was when we arrived. Unfortuntaly theft is pretty much par for the course these days.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
We usually leave our grills and at least one cooler out during the game to congregate at halftime and not need to go get keys from the owner. So far in the last 4 years we have never had anything taken, maybe a beer as we dont count those, but nothing noticeable. We are usually in S8 or 85E.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
When you get 50,000 people a put them together in a concentrated area, then put most of them into a tighter space, there will always be criminals willing to get their hands on other people's belongings. Concerts, sporting events, parades, etc etc. This will always happen.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Someone stole my Chalkboard-Scoreboard for my "corn-hole" bags game after the U of I game. It was freaking sweet. Now....gone.

You bastards.

tiberius

Sep 20, 2006
I am thinking about putting together a super hero costume and patrolling the lots. The only hitch is I don't currently have any super powers, other then sarcasm and I don't think that will help much in the situation.

Oct 14, 2007
Ames
If somebody really wants to steal something they are going to find a way to get it. The only way to totally eliminate the theft would be to put all of the lots behind razor wire fences with an armed guard at the gate. Short of that the best thing you can do is make it harder to get your stuff, so the thieves opt for some other poor bastards stuff that is easier to get. Or do what I do, and not own anything worth stealing:wink:

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
Are you sure she didn't take it?

Wait, watch out at homecoming for her.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
It would be sweet to set up a tailgating defense system with an electric current running through everything you have - that way the perp's would get the **** shocked out of them if they attempt the 5-finger discount. It would be even better if you could ensure they peed their pants upon getting shocked. :wink: :jimlad:

Help Support Us

Become a patron