Maybe it is ISU

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Yep, and if you didn't, why would you waste your time and money? That seems silly to me. If you really think we aren't going to be better than last in the big 12 north and ever win more than 3 games in a season, just jump ship now...

Everyone is tired of losing. It happens, no one likes to lose, but it happens. And no one said that we have to accept losing, I just don't see how the "Woe is me, ISU is cursed, the football gods hate us" cr** helps us at all. It just comes off as whiny...

The fan base has been unbelievable over the past five years. Unfortunately people can only take so much before they give up. It sounds like people are starting to give up, and I don't blame them. It will be very bad for the athletic department, but you can't expect people to see the same stuff year after year, coach after coach, administration after administration and keep uttering "thank you, may I have another".

Reactions: kingcy

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The fan base has been unbelievable over the past five years. Unfortunately people can only take so much before they give up. It sounds like people are starting to give up, and I don't blame them. It will be very bad for the athletic department, but you can't expect people to see the same stuff year after year, coach after coach, administration after administration and keep uttering "thank you, may I have another".

Worse part is once you lose them it will be hard to get them back.

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
As for Chizik, he clearly has learned from prior mistakes...Malzahn was a great hire and he is very involved in the defense at AU which is his specialty. But don't get too far ahead of yourself...AU was 4-1 last year under Tuberville at this point...they still have to play LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, etc. It will be interesting to see how long it is before Malzahn is a head coach...he gets more airtime as the OC than Chizik does as the HC.

Does anyone know if Chiz was trying to get Malzahn to Iowa State before Auburn came calling?