Miami WR Cager to Transfer

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Setting aside any personality issues, why would ISU want to add a receiver that drops passes? That's not what ISU needs to take the next step.

He's a good receiver and a big target. People are making to much of the drops. As a Miami fan I watch every game of theirs that I can. He's a good receiver but their offense was garbage and didn't utilize him (or the other receivers) very well.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I get frustrated with all receivers who drop passes. When the team is not doing as good as you want it to be doing. It's really frustrating. Thus, Miami fans hating it. Shoot when we played Kansas State this year I hated Hakeem Butler and moved him down my draft board to a 6th round pick because of dropped passes. He made back into the first round by the end of the game though. So he is all good again.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Just going to throw this out there but anything regarding a Miami "fan" should be taken with a grain of salt... Such a fickle fan base...
I live in South Florida, this is so true. Very much so the Team for people to love down here, when they're playing well.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
CWs very vanilla 2019 Depth Chart lists a guy that possesses the ability to convert dimes from Purdy into first downs going the other way as a starting receiver so at this point I'll welcome anybody with a skill set that can transfer to a mismatch.

Last edited:

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
He's a good receiver and a big target. People are making to much of the drops. As a Miami fan I watch every game of theirs that I can. He's a good receiver but their offense was garbage and didn't utilize him (or the other receivers) very well.
I watched their bowl game (I'm a part time Wisconsin fan) and the Miami QB's were legit terrible.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I watched their bowl game (I'm a part time Wisconsin fan) and the Miami QB's were legit terrible.

Agree. But to put it a way you as an ISU fan might be familiar with - think of the regression of QB's under Rhoads. Miami has been similar the last 2 years. Rozier started really good last year, then went backwards and got benched. Come to this year and there was a very short leash for both Rozier and Perry, a mistake and they were taken out. They were always playing looking over their shoulder. Then add in that Miami's OL sucks. Sounds very familiar doesn't it.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Agree. But to put it a way you as an ISU fan might be familiar with - think of the regression of QB's under Rhoads. Miami has been similar the last 2 years. Rozier started really good last year, then went backwards and got benched. Come to this year and there was a very short leash for both Rozier and Perry, a mistake and they were taken out. They were always playing looking over their shoulder. Then add in that Miami's OL sucks. Sounds very familiar doesn't it.
Highly relatable.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois

That really hasn't stopped under Rhoads either though. In 2018, Kempt was our returning highly-touted QB who got injured. Noland stepped in but was replaced in Game 4 or 5.

I would absolutely love for Purdy to continue to grow into a stud that strikes fear into the other conference teams. If we continue to do what has happened every year this decade, however, Purdy will go 1-3 to start the year and then Re-Al Mitchell will step in and lead the team to an 8-5 finish.

Edit: changed words for Noland, people didn't like "regressed."

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That really hasn't stopped under Rhoads either though. In 2018, Kempt was our returning highly-touted QB who got injured. Noland regressed.

I would absolutely love for Purdy to continue to grow into a stud that strikes fear into the other conference teams. If we continue to do what has happened every year this decade, however, Purdy will go 1-3 to start the year and then Re-Al Mitchell will step in and lead the team to an 8-5 finish.

I don't think it's fair to say that Noland regressed. We made the switch to Brock because he was a mobile QB. Once Purdy got his shot there was no way Zeb was getting back on the field.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That really hasn't stopped under Rhoads either though. In 2018, Kempt was our returning highly-touted QB who got injured. Noland regressed.

Sure it has. We successfully used 3 QBs last year with a mediocre OL and a walkon QB. Noland didn’t regress this year, the OL did.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Aclone and CyCloned

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I don't think it's fair to say that Noland regressed. We made the switch to Brock because he was a mobile QB. Once Purdy got his shot there was no way Zeb was getting back on the field.
I won't quibble with that. I could change it to "reasons" instead of regressed, but one way or another, we seem to have trouble sustaining year-to-year success with our QBs, and it's been that way for awhile. Whether that's Barnett, Jantz, Richardson, Kempt, whoever. I'm tired of the trend and cheering hard for Purdy to break the cycle.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I won't quibble with that. I could change it to "reasons" instead of regressed, but one way or another, we seem to have trouble sustaining year-to-year success with our QBs, and it's been that way for awhile. Whether that's Barnett, Jantz, Richardson, Kempt, whoever. I'm tired of the trend and cheering hard for Purdy to break the cycle.
We just won 8 games two years in a row. Purdy won 7 games.
There’s a big difference between winning regardless of which QB you play and changing QBs because you are losing.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
We just won 8 games two years in a row. Purdy won 7 games.
There’s a big difference between winning regardless of which QB you play and changing QBs because you are losing.
I don't quite know what you're getting at here. You seem upset with me, and I don't know why. I'm quite happy with our trend of winning. All I commented on was another trend of ours, which is last season's good QB becoming this season's discarded QB. That started with Rhoads (as @isufbcurt pointed out) and I commented that it technically hasn't ended yet.

Help Support Us

Become a patron