Michigan

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I don’t doubt every school tries to understand their opponent’s plays. The difference is I think Michigan took that to a much higher level. They haven’t denied it in any of their statements, just blow smoke about due process.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Urban Meyer.......what did he know and when did he know it? Follow the money. It isn't the just the crime...it is the cover-up of the crime. JIm Tressel.....blink once if you had the signs....blink twice if you didn't not have the signs. Do you still beat your pets?....Michigan is out of order, Ohio State is out of order...this whole f&^king conference is out of order!
Brought to you by the NCAA and the American Trial Lawyers of America.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I don’t doubt every school tries to understand their opponent’s plays. The difference is I think Michigan took that to a much higher level. They haven’t denied it in any of their statements, just blow smoke about due process.
I don't get it. I'm not sure they did anything wrong. After all, they (Michigan) are America's team!

"Just the perseverance and the stalwartness of these guys, watching [the game] I would have to say to everybody: That's got to be America's team," Harbaugh remarked, addressing reporters for the first time since the suspension. "America loves a team that beats the odds and adversity and overcomes what the naysayers, critics and so-called experts think. That's my favorite kind of team. Watching from that view on television, it was violent. People get to see what I see everyday from these players and coaches."

Uhm, Hardbough, No! Don't think so. But I do think you and Kansas should get a pass. I mean, that's only fair. :rolleyes:

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
So now what's going on here? Lawsuits, angry donors and regents, threats, and now....."it's fine, we're good?". Why the 180? What did the BIG say to them? What do they know?

This was rug swept in a hurry.

Reactions: xboxfever and legi

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Cant wait to see the next thing Harbough get's in trouble for next season. BTW this is just the big 10. Is the NCAA still investigating and could give penalties?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So now what's going on here? Lawsuits, angry donors and regents, threats, and now....."it's fine, we're good?". Why the 180? What did the BIG say to them? What do they know?

This was rug swept in a hurry.
I think it's pretty obvious there's a new piece of info that the Big Ten and Michigan got from the NCAA investigation that shows someone else in the program knew about and I would guess that there has been some sort of assurance given that this suspension will be considered by the NCAA in the future. That's the only thing that explains this 180 and I would also think it can't be all that big of a piece of information because then I don't think the Big Ten would just back down. My guess is that there were multiple lower level guys in on this. When it's one guy and if he never says anything, I think it's unfair to expect a head coach or higher level coach to monitor that. Essential to monitor that you'd need a whole set up of monitoring phones and locations and computers and everything else. When it turns to being multiple people then you have a lack of oversight and there is some sort of responsibility of the coach to keep these guys in check.

It's still unprecedented that the conference is suspending someone during a season with the investigation ongoing. It'll be interesting to see if that's standard operating procedure in that conference from here forward.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Cant wait to see the next thing Harbough get's in trouble for next season. BTW this is just the big 10. Is the NCAA still investigating and could give penalties?

I think there's a good chance Harbaugh is in the NFL next season. I'm not saying it's more than 50% but it's not 0%. So long as he keeps talking about revenue sharing for athletes he'll have a target on his back.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I think it's pretty obvious there's a new piece of info that the Big Ten and Michigan got from the NCAA investigation that shows someone else in the program knew about and I would guess that there has been some sort of assurance given that this suspension will be considered by the NCAA in the future. That's the only thing that explains this 180 and I would also think it can't be all that big of a piece of information because then I don't think the Big Ten would just back down. My guess is that there were multiple lower level guys in on this. When it's one guy and if he never says anything, I think it's unfair to expect a head coach or higher level coach to monitor that. Essential to monitor that you'd need a whole set up of monitoring phones and locations and computers and everything else. When it turns to being multiple people then you have a lack of oversight and there is some sort of responsibility of the coach to keep these guys in check.

It's still unprecedented that the conference is suspending someone during a season with the investigation ongoing. It'll be interesting to see if that's standard operating procedure in that conference from here forward.

It isn’t about monitoring that. The issue at hand was there sufficient training in NCAA rules and regulations to create an atmosphere of compliance. Or, did they hire a super fan and just let him do whatever he wanted to win? That’s on the coach and athletic department. And, presumably, that’s what they’re getting punished for.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It isn’t about monitoring that. The issue at hand was there sufficient training in NCAA rules and regulations to create an atmosphere of compliance. Or, did they hire a super fan and just let him do whatever he wanted to win? That’s on the coach and athletic department. And, presumably, that’s what they’re getting punished for.

So if there was sufficient training there shouldn't be a punishment? I don't see how an investigation into that could be wrapped up by now and, in fact, it isn't. This is indeed about Harbaugh not keeping enough tabs on CS. There's currently zero evidence Harbaugh knew anything and he's the one being suspended, which is fine, however, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense if it's thought that Connor Stalions was some huge advantage. If that were the case, stripping wins and titles would be the punishment that actually made sense in context. I don't really have a problem with the punishment, especially if more than CS was involved, I just would prefer the investigation was done first like it always is in cases of rule infractions.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think there's a good chance Harbaugh is in the NFL next season. I'm not saying it's more than 50% but it's not 0%. So long as he keeps talking about revenue sharing for athletes he'll have a target on his back.
Brother in law wants him to coach his Bears next season.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Has there ever been a bigger gap between how much media coverage a CFB scandal has drawn vs. the actual severity of the offense? Tattoo-gate maybe?

I'm not saying this is nothing and should be ignored...but it's just not that big of a deal? I see suggestions that Michigan should be kept out of the B1G championship and playoff and that seems so wildly out of proportion that I can't believe it.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Has there ever been a bigger gap between how much media coverage a CFB scandal has drawn vs. the actual severity of the offense? Tattoo-gate maybe?

I'm not saying this is nothing and should be ignored...but it's just not that big of a deal? I see suggestions that Michigan should be kept out of the B1G championship and playoff and that seems so wildly out of proportion that I can't believe it.
This is what I’m saying. This is a media-driven story.

That said, this drama is getting juicy! I’m getting my popcorn ready

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron