Missing NW Iowa Men

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
This sounds even more fishy now and I have so many more questions. With such a mild winter I find it hard to believe they missed him throughout the weeks and months worth of search parties.
My guess is he was executed, the body was stored somewhere else while the search was going on, and then he was dumped there later.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
This sounds even more fishy now and I have so many more questions. With such a mild winter I find it hard to believe they missed him throughout the weeks and months worth of search parties.

That's understandable, but I can appreciate that when you don't really know where to search other than 'around this area', covering every square yard of that much ground would require a ton of time and people.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
If only he had the FanDual app and his phone with him. The DCI would have wrapped this up in November.

Also, according to a spokesman for the Cajun Navy, they did NOT concentrate on the area where the body was found because they were told that area had already been searched extensively. I can't find that quote in print, but that is what I took from the interview.

Last edited:

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
If only he had the FanDual app and his phone with him. The DCI would have wrapped this up in November.

Also, according to a spokesman for the Cajun Navy, they did NOT concentrate on the area where the body was found because they were told that area had already been searched extensively. I can't find that quote in print, but that is what I took from the interview.
There was a man from the Cajun Navy interviewed on tv this morning saying we were told that area had already been searched extensively.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

That sounds fishy.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I love some of your imagination, but in all reality, dude has probably been laying in that field since he went missing. I'm no farmer but I know tractors have been in every field around me this week so I would assume it's true of where they found him as well. Is there a chance someone abducted him, killed him, dumped him? Sure. I'm guessing fella was either high, drunk, or mentally unstable, got out of the truck and started walking. Made it 1.5 miles sat down or laid down from being tired and cold and just froze to death.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
1.5 miles seems like a really strange distance to move a body, just to leave it on tillable ground where it will be found. Either leave the body at the scene or take it somewhere it’d never be found.

Reactions: aauummm

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I love some of your imagination, but in all reality, dude has probably been laying in that field since he went missing. I'm no farmer but I know tractors have been in every field around me this week so I would assume it's true of where they found him as well. Is there a chance someone abducted him, killed him, dumped him? Sure. I'm guessing fella was either high, drunk, or mentally unstable, got out of the truck and started walking. Made it 1.5 miles sat down or laid down from being tired and cold and just froze to death.
That scenario is definitely more than likely but then someone needs to start answering questions as to why that area was either deemed “already searched” or it was gross negligence whoever was searching that area.

They had daily search parties for weeks. I don’t live in Iowa anymore but was back for the holidays and by all reports there wasn’t snow on the ground and it was reported dogs did not pick up a scent.

Only 1.5 miles away from the truck? I would think that would get covered in the first couple of days of not the first day.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
1.5 miles seems like a really strange distance to move a body, just to leave it on tillable ground where it will be found. Either leave the body at the scene or take it somewhere it’d never be found.
Agreed, but considering several law enforcement agencies are stating that area had been searched extensively, this seems odd.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
That scenario is definitely more than likely but then someone needs to start answering questions as to why that area was either deemed “already searched” or it was gross negligence whoever was searching that area.

They had daily search parties for weeks. I don’t live in Iowa anymore but was back for the holidays and by all reports there wasn’t snow on the ground and it was reported dogs did not pick up a scent.

Only 1.5 miles away from the truck? I would think that would get covered in the first couple of days of not the first day.
Who knows what that area looked like months back. I don't remember the exact weather, but I'm pretty sure it was miserable during that time going from rain to snow on and off. If it was in an area with tall grass, a ditch/ravine, hidden because he was trying to stay warm, it might not have been so obvious.

Plus, humans are dumb. I can't tell you the number of times I've looked up and down for something only to be staring directly at it. My wife calls it my "man eyes".

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

They had the local school for the blind searching that area, apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
Coworker drove past the field yesterday and said the rest of field looked freshly worked except for the patch where they found him. He had no idea at the time what it was about so he wasn’t looking to hard, was just curious about the sheriffs cars in the middle of the field. That was a little after 2 he thinks.

• Wow
Reactions: Acylum

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Who knows what that area looked like months back. I don't remember the exact weather, but I'm pretty sure it was miserable during that time going from rain to snow on and off. If it was in an area with tall grass, a ditch/ravine, hidden because he was trying to stay warm, it might not have been so obvious.

Plus, humans are dumb. I can't tell you the number of times I've looked up and down for something only to be staring directly at it. My wife calls it my "man eyes".
If he was trying to stay warm why wouldnt he just walk back to his truck that was 1.5 miles away?