Missing NW Iowa Men

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I don't make rational decisions all the time when I'm drunk. I would imagine rationality is impacted by drugs/alcohol/metal instability.
Of course. Which makes it even more random. Load the hogs, drive however many miles, pull over to do drugs?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Only 1.5 miles away from the truck? I would think that would get covered in the first couple of days of not the first day.
This is the second one just in Iowa the last couple years where they end up finding a body in an area that had already been "extensively searched".

The case of that Ethan Kazmarak, they found his car months later in a pond near the party at his last known location that had already been searched.

They are either incompetent or lying about what areas they've searched.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I love some of your imagination, but in all reality, dude has probably been laying in that field since he went missing. I'm no farmer but I know tractors have been in every field around me this week so I would assume it's true of where they found him as well. Is there a chance someone abducted him, killed him, dumped him? Sure. I'm guessing fella was either high, drunk, or mentally unstable, got out of the truck and started walking. Made it 1.5 miles sat down or laid down from being tired and cold and just froze to death.
Haha yeah some of these scenarios on here are hilarious. Occam’s Razor - he’s been there since he died and they just missed finding him on the initial searches.

CyVeteran

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2006
I love some of your imagination, but in all reality, dude has probably been laying in that field since he went missing. I'm no farmer but I know tractors have been in every field around me this week so I would assume it's true of where they found him as well. Is there a chance someone abducted him, killed him, dumped him? Sure. I'm guessing fella was either high, drunk, or mentally unstable, got out of the truck and started walking. Made it 1.5 miles sat down or laid down from being tired and cold and just froze to death.

As a former federal agent.......I would surmise that is the most likely scenario......

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Who knows what that area looked like months back. I don't remember the exact weather, but I'm pretty sure it was miserable during that time going from rain to snow on and off. If it was in an area with tall grass, a ditch/ravine, hidden because he was trying to stay warm, it might not have been so obvious.

Plus, humans are dumb. I can't tell you the number of times I've looked up and down for something only to be staring directly at it. My wife calls it my "man eyes".

Weather wise it was pretty mild at the time of his disappearance.

1714061870645.png

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This is the second one just in Iowa the last couple years where they end up finding a body in an area that had already been "extensively searched".

The case of that Ethan Kazmarak, they found his car months later in a pond near the party at his last known location that had already been searched.

I would say it's easy to place blame when one sees only two possibilities.

• Winner
Reactions: Zyklon

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The autopsy should shed more light on if foul play was the cause. Until then all the speculation here about the cause is a little reckless unless you are from the area and know something that is not being reported.

I tend to believe the widow's gut instincts that the circumstances don't add up. Finding the truck stopped in the middle of the highway (not pulled off to the side even) leaves the possibility that someone could of blocked the roadway. I definitely am interested in the autopsy results and details about where and how the body was found and if it was just laying on top of the ground, buried, and state of the corpse because if it had been there fully exposed on top of the ground for nearly 5 months you'd think some critters would have gotten to the corpse over that time. Just a lot of things that don't add up with the details so far that hopefully they can start to piece together now. If it was foul play then it's likely going to turn into a cold case. If it was natural or drug related cause then it's not as complicated anymore.

Reactions: BACyclone

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny

Third. Xavior Harrelson was almost the same deal found by a planting farmer very near Montezuma. Still unsolved, I believe.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Third. Xavior Harrelson was almost the same deal found by a planting farmer very near Montezuma. Still unsolved, I believe.
I watch that Adventures With Purpose channel on YT and it seems like law enforcement either blatantly miss or aren't trying hard enough to find some of these missing people.

There was one in particular where a guys last known cell ping was right by a boat ramp on a large lake. They show up and find part of his grill off his truck by the boat ramp, then locate his truck quickly only like 50 feet from the ramp in like 15 FOW.

How law enforcement can miss stuff like that is beyond me.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Dump the body after the search. Or tell search party that the area has already been searched. Make it look like a drug overdose. Local authorities won't put too much effort into it. Easy peezy. Make a movie.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I watch that Adventures With Purpose channel on YT and it seems like law enforcement either blatantly miss or aren't trying hard enough to find some of these missing people.

There was one in particular where a guys last known cell ping was right by a boat ramp on a large lake. They show up and find part of his grill off his truck by the boat ramp, then locate his truck quickly only like 50 feet from the ramp in like 15 FOW.

How law enforcement can miss stuff like that is beyond me.
I'd say more, but who are we to question rural Iowa's finest?

1714067281144.png

• Haha
Reactions: Cy4Lifer