Missing NW Iowa Men

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
The autopsy should shed more light on if foul play was the cause. Until then all the speculation here about the cause is a little reckless unless you are from the area and know something that is not being reported.

I tend to believe the widow's gut instincts that the circumstances don't add up. Finding the truck stopped in the middle of the highway (not pulled off to the side even) leaves the possibility that someone could of blocked the roadway. I definitely am interested in the autopsy results and details about where and how the body was found and if it was just laying on top of the ground, buried, and state of the corpse because if it had been there fully exposed on top of the ground for nearly 5 months you'd think some critters would have gotten to the corpse over that time. Just a lot of things that don't add up with the details so far that hopefully they can start to piece together now. If it was foul play then it's likely going to turn into a cold case. If it was natural or drug related cause then it's not as complicated anymore.
Declares speculation to be reckless.....proceeds to speculate anyway...

CaposCy

Feb 8, 2017
This is the second one just in Iowa the last couple years where they end up finding a body in an area that had already been "extensively searched".

The case of that Ethan Kazmarak, they found his car months later in a pond near the party at his last known location that had already been searched.

They are either incompetent or lying about what areas they've searched.
Or they don't have the resources to conduct a thorough search. People have to remember that these are smaller law enforcement agencies and don't have equipment like underwater sonar and dive teams. In this case, it was probably a volunteer search group that was coordinated by someone that didn't know what they were doing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
All of you are watching too many crime shows. Not everything has to have a movie like narrative.
A lot of law enforcement, family, friends, volunteers put in a lot of hours too.
They probably have a range of emotions right now.

Reactions: CloneFanInKC

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
They wanted people to know he got murdered.

They didn’t want to get caught.

It makes perfect sense if those are your goals.
That's crazy. I can think of other things you might do if you want to make an example out of someone instead hiding their body for months then hiding it again to wait for someone to find. That makes zero sense.

Reactions: Acylum

Big Daddy Kang

Mar 20, 2021
I love some of your imagination, but in all reality, dude has probably been laying in that field since he went missing. I'm no farmer but I know tractors have been in every field around me this week so I would assume it's true of where they found him as well. Is there a chance someone abducted him, killed him, dumped him? Sure. I'm guessing fella was either high, drunk, or mentally unstable, got out of the truck and started walking. Made it 1.5 miles sat down or laid down from being tired and cold and just froze to death.
Right. Horses not zebras.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Well looks like foul play may be ruled out now

I saw his wife said it NOT being foul play was ridiculous. She said no way he did this on his own or without reason, being forced etc.

I tend to agree to a point.

People do some strange things. But to stop your truck, fully loaded with hogs, in the middle of the road, get out take your coat off and walk 1.5 miles to the middle of a field and just lay down and die, seems a bit of a stretch. After driving to get load and most of the way to destination.

What made him stop there, and leave his truck like that, what made him shut it off, why walk away.

Drugs maybe but in that scenario, he had been driving and working, seems like a strange time/spot to stop and do whatever drug etc.

Again, its not impossible that that was the case, but then it would be very strange.

I guess it could be some combination of Bigfoot, aliens, and skinwalkers.

Its sad story, and the fact that the area was supposedly searched extensively, and it appeared to be wide open harvested field with him laying in the open, seems really strange to not be found way sooner, being only 1.5 miles away, in the open, in a "searched" area. If that is the case the people that searched that area have some questions to answer.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
I saw his wife said it NOT being foul play was ridiculous. She said no way he did this on his own or without reason, being forced etc.

I tend to agree to a point.

People do some strange things. But to stop your truck, fully loaded with hogs, in the middle of the road, get out take your coat off and walk 1.5 miles to the middle of a field and just lay down and die, seems a bit of a stretch. After driving to get load and most of the way to destination.

What made him stop there, and leave his truck like that, what made him shut it off, why walk away.

Drugs maybe but in that scenario, he had been driving and working, seems like a strange time/spot to stop and do whatever drug etc.

Again, its not impossible that that was the case, but then it would be very strange.

I guess it could be some combination of Bigfoot, aliens, and skinwalkers.

Its sad story, and the fact that the area was supposedly searched extensively, and it appeared to be wide open harvested field with him laying in the open, seems really strange to not be found way sooner, being only 1.5 miles away, in the open, in a "searched" area. If that is the case the people that searched that area have some questions to answer.
Dogs.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm surprised they can tell much 6 months later with the amount of decomposition that likely occurred.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I'm surprised they can tell much 6 months later with the amount of decomposition that likely occurred.
Not to mention animals scavenging etc.

I know they look for marks on bones and clothes etc. But from a prelim autopsy, I dont know how much of the details they get. Will take more extensive autopsy to find a lot I would think.

Reactions: tman24