Mudiay

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Just saw hes verbal to SMU....seriously? Anyone else wonder the connection etc? I think its great but it just has me shaking my head. Also hoping that another top 15 recruit shocks the nation with his decision and will chose us over the "blue bloods"....just really perplexed on this though as to why SMU???? Thoughts?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Not to mention that this will be SMU's first year in the AAC which should be a pretty decent basketball conference. Still, it's definitely not the norm

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
From Texas and gets to play for Larry Brown. Seems simple.
Yeah, I agree. If we think Hoiberg using NBA experience/connections is an effective recruiting tool, just imagine what Larry Brown has to offer from that perspective.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
Also, from other information I have read, all of his family members went to SMU and I believe his aunt works for the SMU athletic dept.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I read that he prayed on it and that told him to go there.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Plus Mundiay is a true one an done player, he chose to play his one year close to home so his family can watch. SMU is putting a concerned effort into improving their Basketball program, new facilities and paying Brown, a coach who has both a NCAA and NBA championship. Plus with their move to the American Athletic Confernce they will be playing some good competition.
Rumors have it after the Mundiay commitment Myles Turner (another top player from Texas) the Mustangs now under consideration and may take one of his officials there.
Larry Brown is putting his stamp on the program, thus it is about time for him to jump to the next job.:rolleyes:

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Why SMU people ask? Look no further than Coach Larry Brown! The guy is a winner wherever he goes. Shouldn't really come to a complete shock to people..

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm not $hocked that the $MU Mu$tangs were able to $ign him.

maybe, but I kind of doubt it. A signing like this is immediately going to get attention because it's not typical. If you're going to pay for recruits at a school like SMU, you do it smarter than immediately going after one of the top prospects in the nation. Not to mention all of the other reasons listed in this thread. I'm guessing this one is legit.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I agree on the Larry Brown sentiments but he bounces around like crazy and at his age you might get him for 2 more years.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
craigjames.jpg

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
I read an interview from him last week. It honestly sounded a lot like Lazard in regards to us. He has a family connection and was quoted as saying he didn't want to do what other people thought he should do etc. He wanted to shock the world and play for the team he liked the most, slimelife, and all the other stuff.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
That's probably what a lot of outsiders would say if we landed Vaughn but it doesn't necessarily mean its true

Thank you. I think it's pretty pathetic that people think money is involved anytime a lesser known school has a big time prospect commit to them. Same with Kentucky. The truth is, Calipari doesn't need to cheat st that school.

Help Support Us

Become a patron