My plan to save #CFB

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
If by "they'll change their mind again" you mean "additional evidence will become available as we learn more about the virus, and scientists will and should use that additional evidence to amend or revise our current thoughts and recommendations"......then yeah, they'll change their mind again. It's how science works....
The real question is who has quit listening to the better revised scientific evidence and is thus proceeding down the wrong narrative? We, all need to pursue the truth, constantly, and without bias.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
What is the plan if we never find a vaccine?

what is the plan if this mutates?

For work I also come from an economic point of view - the damages that have already taken place are going to start showing up this fall. I feel it’s going to be bad.

our government has been making bad decisions for decades - so relying on them is pointless.

I don’t have the answer - but you can find a statistic to back up whatever side you are on.

But at some point - people just need to make decisions for themselves, if you don’t feel safe stay home. If you want to go to work and go to school, you should have the option.

as my 87 old grandma told me, “i have lived a long time and been through a lot. I’m not spending my final days locked up in a room. She wants to spend time with her family and do things - she figures she can have a stroke or heart attack any day. Why waste what time I have left watching TV”

oh yeah we are taking about football. Honestly - it’s my favorite thing to watch, so selfishly I hope they play. But it’s not my call - the kids and coaches should decide if they want to play. There has been enough time so they should be educated on the risks.

would be fun to see SEC and BIG12 play a full schedule and even scrap their non-conference games and play each other in the non-conference

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

what is the plan if this mutates?

For work I also come from an economic point of view - the damages that have already taken place are going to start showing up this fall. I feel it’s going to be bad.

our government has been making bad decisions for decades - so relying on them is pointless.

I don’t have the answer - but you can find a statistic to back up whatever side you are on.

But at some point - people just need to make decisions for themselves, if you don’t feel safe stay home. If you want to go to work and go to school, you should have the option.

as my 87 old grandma told me, “i have lived a long time and been through a lot. I’m not spending my final days locked up in a room. She wants to spend time with her family and do things - she figures she can have a stroke or heart attack any day. Why waste what time I have left watching TV”

oh yeah we are taking about football. Honestly - it’s my favorite thing to watch, so selfishly I hope they play. But it’s not my call - the kids and coaches should decide if they want to play. There has been enough time so they should be educated on the risks.

would be fun to see SEC and BIG12 play a full schedule and even scrap their non-conference games and play each other in the non-conference
Masks, masks, and more masks. Do that and a LOT of the problem goes away. We refuse to do that however as a nation.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

For schools do you have the plan for funding to be able to cover both at home and in person situations?

We're sitting here in July after all that's happened, and I don't believe it's even been a thought outside of 'they just need to go back!'.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
For schools do you have the plan for funding to be able to cover both at home and in person situations?

We're sitting here in July after all that's happened, and I don't believe it's even been a thought outside of 'they just need to go back!'.

Bingo.

kcbob79clone

I posted this on #Twitter

(1/3) My plan to save #CFB. My buddy Steven R. Covey says better to be proactive than reactive so here goes @NCAAFootball @Big12Conference
@SEC @B1Gfootball @pac12 @theACC
- cancel all nonconf games (B1G has already done this) allowing to slip schedule 3-4 weeks

(2/3) - each #Power5 school plays 9 #Power5 games (sorry #GroupOf5 teams)
- no bye weeks allowing season to start as late as possible
- #CFPlayoff expanded to 8 teams with 5 conference champions automatic bids, 3 at large bids. Teams play max 11 games

(3/3) - all bowl games will be held of course
- start with 50% attendance for first conference game and see what happens

So, thoughts

I love it when a plan comes together

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't agree with that. If the criteria was that no player can get the virus, we wouldn't even be discussing the possibility of playing. We wouldn't even be discussing the possibility of having colleges open period.

I'll ask this. Are athletes more likely to contract the virus while practicing and playing games, or while going to classes, living in the dorms/apartments and in general life outside the football complex? In my opinion, being inside the football complex is going to be as safe, or safer than being around campus. Think about meals alone. On campus cafeterias have hundreds of students in there at one time. Students who probably aren't adhering to strict protocols and periodic testing like athletes will be. Athletes would be much safer eating meals at the football complex.

If experts determine that athletes are put at a higher risk than the average student, then it probably makes sense to not play. I don't believe that is the case, though. But, I could be wrong.

I agree with what you are saying.

They should just play the games, and if someone get it, then quarantine, just like the rest of the world is doing. Also, make sure that there are lots of vitamins and minerals in the players diets, particularly D and zinc, so they can fight off the virus better. They need to and I am sure they have, make some changes to the workouts. Keep the players further apart, sanitize equipment, hopefully not masks, but I could see it. Practicing outside or in a huge complex is probably less likely to transmit the virus than being in a crowded protest with people screaming, and I don't see a lot of people calling to end those.

Last edited: