*New Uniform Thread*

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Pollard was on KXNO today filling it.. he talked about the
16240.jpg
logo. Anyone know what he said? I didn't listen and don't plan to listen. :)

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It’s a horrible logo and thank God it’s an alternate logo. Let’s pray it doesnt make it onto any part of the new UNI’s coming this fall.

What i find baffling..is beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure, so why didnt the focus group test it with 3-4 groups of 10 students/ISU alum.. just for feedback on different options..

People say oh its just a logo etc..but that logo can be seen by millions on TV and u can be the buggle ridicule of social media if u arent careful..oh wait too late.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
It’s a horrible logo and thank God it’s an alternate logo. Let’s pray it doesnt make it onto any part of the new UNI’s coming this fall.

What i find baffling..is beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure, so why didnt the focus group test it with 3-4 groups of 10 students/ISU alum.. just for feedback on different options..

People say oh its just a logo etc..but that logo can be seen by millions on TV and u can be the buggle ridicule of social media if u arent careful..oh wait too late.
You’d think they wouldn’t learned a lesson after the first attempt at updating the CyHawk Trophy. I know Iowa Corn or whatever sponsed was driving that bus, but I find it unlikely that both Athletic Depts didn’t sign off on it at some point.

And you’re spot on. A new logo rollout is a prime opportunity to drive merchandise sales. I’d be very curious to see sales data on the Bugle.

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
What shade of yellow/gold should we use.

Been longing for us to switch up our shade of gold for years now, but it's difficult to come up with the right solution. Enter the most recent iteration of the New Orleans Saints' "color rush" uniforms.

Forget the helmet and tell me the shade of gold on their jerseys/pants wouldn't look amazing with our current cardinal...

image.jpg

CsPFzsCUsAE8q2q.jpg

9685017-nfl-new-orleans-saints-at-carolina-panthers.jpg

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Apparently some of you still want to look like USC rip-offs. Wow.

Personally, I don't like the metallic gold. Looks like BC or FSU. The current colors are fine. Just need to mix up the design some. Actually, the only combo that they use that looks like USC is the C-C-G homes. They have enough different combinations now that we only see that 1-2 times a year.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
I think we're going to see some radically different colors show up at times. Not sure they will be permanent, but they'll be present. I'm guess that's (part of) what #WinInTheDark refers to.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think we're going to see some radically different colors show up at times. Not sure they will be permanent, but they'll be present. I'm guess that's (part of) what #WinInTheDark refers to.

Interesting theory. From what I've heard #WinInTheDark is directly related to doing the hard work in practice when the lights are off, then that translating to when the "lights are on".

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Not sure what it could mean otherwise. It doesn't really fit this catalog of gear. Must just be getting ready for black jerseys. Or maybe the black gear isn't ready yet, but they already locked in on the cover.

https://issuu.com/isubookstore/docs/win_in_the_dark

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
I would like to see actual gold like the 49ers or Notre Dame. No more USC yellow.
I will always argue against "Real Gold" or a metallic gold for ISU. Fabrics can never get the right look with the metallic golds. They always just look tan, or even slightly brown. Only things like helmets and printed names/numbers/logos can get the right look. Everything else just has a dull look to it.

Our colors are good, especially with the expanded use of the anthracite (dark grey) as a 3rd color option. If you are worried about looking like USC copycats, that can be avoided with uniform design, and combinations.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I've heard from people close to the program that Campbell was completely against it. He didn't shelve it because we lost, he shelved it because it sucked and he couldn't stand it.

Pollard is blatantly lying about this, which confirms my suspicion that he's the only one who's ever liked the logo in the first place. He's also pig-headed and arrogant enough about these kind of things to keep ramming it though. Eventually Pollard the Bean Counter and Pollard The Nerd With Godawful Taste will be at loggerheads over this when it continues to sell poorly, and it will scrapped.

As good as Pollard is with significant aspects of being AD, he's 100% tone deaf on these types of matters, and gives the impression he really doesn't give a **** what people think.

Yeah, I think it’s pretty well known that Pollard is arrogant and stubborn as ****.

AAFCO

Jul 7, 2016
I've heard from people close to the program that Campbell was completely against it. He didn't shelve it because we lost, he shelved it because it sucked and he couldn't stand it.

Pollard is blatantly lying about this, which confirms my suspicion that he's the only one who's ever liked the logo in the first place. He's also pig-headed and arrogant enough about these kind of things to keep ramming it though. Eventually Pollard the Bean Counter and Pollard The Nerd With Godawful Taste will be at loggerheads over this when it continues to sell poorly, and it will scrapped.

As good as Pollard is with significant aspects of being AD, he's 100% tone deaf on these types of matters, and gives the impression he really doesn't give a **** what people think.
What a complete crock of sh%t. I hate it when people just make crap up. "Heard from people close to the program,......." In reality, CMC has confirmed JPs version of this publically. Why make this up?? Sad. Very sad.

• Disagree
Reactions: Goclones1727

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron