Iowa State Uniform Discussions

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The all-cardinal still looks like a ketchup bottle, and the black collar is such a fly in the ointment. A cardinal collar and gold pants to go with it would be beautiful.

At least our road whites are super nice now.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And then you have it's inverted form, not bad at all (USC-like). I like the first look (g/w/c) better.
CyUni 2019  b11 - r w y  23 Redface RedSocksw CY .png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The all-cardinal still looks like a ketchup bottle, and the black collar is such a fly in the ointment. A cardinal collar and gold pants to go with it would be beautiful.

How close would this be for you? My redesigned collar still has half black in it (but it also is a lighter shade of black/very dark gray).

I'm not sure the black collar is going away though. I hope it gets redesigned at least.
CyUni 2019  c10 - r r y  12 Redface RedSocksw CanFire1ColCY.png

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
How close would this be for you? My redesigned collar still has half black in it (but it also is a lighter shade of black/very dark gray).

I'm not sure the black collar is going away though. I hope it gets redesigned at least.
View attachment 63545

That is better. I just wish it was fully cardinal or gold.

The gold pants look nice.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
don't expect changes to the uniform pieces. do expect a surprise.

giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I expect a white helmet with stencel black logo to go along with the matching pants and the black/white jersey.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Made this one for you. I like it.
CyUni 2019  c10 - r r y  12 RedCol12a Redface RedSockswCY.png

• Friendly
Reactions: Sigmapolis

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So close, and I will admit the black trim on the sleeves is less irksome than the black collar. What about a cardinal or gold trim on the sleeves, though?
Yes that shouldn't take me too long to do. I'll post it to you when done, and also something with unchanged sleeve. I know you might be looking for something more classic and perhaps without any black. Not sure that will happen though.
I do think the Coach wants some black in there somewhere. Otherwise why would he have done the black collar in the first place. So I'm trying to come up w/ ideas/concepts that will actually be considered.
And for the record, I do like the addition of black in general, love it in fact; still think the black collar needs to be re-designed though. Put some of the black somewhere else maybe. To me the sleeves made sense.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I didn't like the black collar at all until my attention was drawn to the fact that Cy has a black collar. Now, I'm more tolerant.

AR-311279973.jpg