Iowa State Uniform Discussions

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The gold on the arms is a great touch. Otherwise would be a little too plain. I'm getting a little Arizona State vibe from the new numbers. Not a bad thing. Now if we can use gold like they do...

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
D_2ra97XsAEYS-0

A pretty good look at them. These look sharp and are definitely still the cardinal of last seasons.
We can't be certain, but I think Nike may be a sponsor.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
ab11 2020 Home Col a01 01 01 01$.png I really like these new cardinal jerseys! Can we now say that our home set is now at least nearing the excellence of our away sets?

Reactions: cymonw1980

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
View attachment 65314 I really like these new cardinal jerseys! Can we now say that our home set is now at least nearing the excellence of our away sets?

They are much better -- but I think the issue is more holistic now than just the black collar, which really was not going with the rest of the home cardinal jerseys.

I do not like the all-cardinal look -- I know most do, but I am not a big fan of monochromatic football uniforms. It looks like a jumpsuit and/or a ketchup bottle.

So we need a different color of pants. Right now, the other options are white and black.

White looks weird. So does black. Nothing to tie it to the helmet/jersey.

So we need gold pants. :)

The home look is held back by the lack of gold pants right now.

Our road looks are great, though.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
They are much better -- but I think the issue is more holistic now than just the black collar, which really was not going with the rest of the home cardinal jerseys.

I do not like the all-cardinal look -- I know most do, but I am not a big fan of monochromatic football uniforms. It looks like a jumpsuit and/or a ketchup bottle.

So we need a different color of pants. Right now, the other options are white and black.

White looks weird. So does black. Nothing to tie it to the helmet/jersey.

So we need gold pants. :)

The home look is held back by the lack of gold pants right now.

Our road looks are great, though.

We've seen cardinal on gold. It looks terrible.