***NIL Mafia***

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I'm not going to read 13 pages. Analyzing the first page info... and avoiding the clap.

Vote CTown
Whoops, I see now we have activity. Rescind dandy.

On that note, I'm going to follow the fitzy logic above, also noting the cash statement about lack of activity meaning everyone at top was likely inno. Vote moores

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I can't decide if I'd rather vote for a clapper and limit the damage, or vote away from them since they'll take themselves out.

For the time being, I'll take the limit damage option and vote dandy, but I'm going to try to jump back on before the clock is up to see what's going on.
Dandy voted. Bret has not and might not know the day ends at 6. Voting Bret out would be a bad idea as he’s likelier to be innocent due to innocent/mafia ratio.

Vote Bret out and JM won’t replace him. Bret getting clapped will get JM to replace him

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Mafia starting with 3 this game and hoping to add is interesting. From the below, does this mean that the Bag Man has to bid at least what they're worth and not less? If they bid less, that's not successful, correct? Does the recruit even know if the Bag Man bid for them if it was less than what they were worth? Do I have this right?

For example:
1. Bid too low, not successful, recruit doesn't find out
2. Bid right amount, they are successful and recruit has no choice but to be mafia
3. Bid too high, recruit is given the option to become mafia

"The Bag Man will need to bid the correct amount of money on a recruit for the bid to be successful. HOWEVER, a successful bid does not guarantee a successful recruitment. The recruit will be notified and given the option to accept, or remain uncommitted. They will have two days to decide (if they are recruited on Monday night, they need to let me know by Wednesday night if they accept the offer). If the recruit chooses to remain uncommitted, the offer will remain on the table, and that will be factored into the Bag Man’s budget. The Bag man cannot go over budget"
1) correct
2 and 3 are the same. The recruit has the option no matter what. But if either side bids too high on a recruit and the recruit accepts, what they bid is taken out of their budget

Reactions: Colorado

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Sorry, I wasn't talking about the number of mafia members. I was talking about their ability to recruit (same with the good guys). When we've had this type of action in the past, it was always revealed that they tried and if they were successful or not.

By not announcing it, it kinda makes it only fun for the mayor, as nobody else has any clue what's going on, especially with the money values.

I was thinking something along the lines of

"Last night the Big Schools picked up a two star recruit, however they overpaid $X for him". Or

"Last night the small school tried to recruit a 4* player, however he declined due to their lack of funds/sweetening the honey pot."
I don’t mind this, with a few exceptions. I’m not going to post what happens until an actual decision is made. So if either side makes a successful bid but the recruit doesn’t decide right away, I won’t share it until it happens. Also, I’m not going to specifically share how much the bid was as the NCAA gets that info and I think part of their role is to figure out if they ever want to share that. Fair compromise?

With that being said, the Small Schools have successfully recruited a two star

The Big Schools did not have a successful recruitment.

• Winner
Reactions: Farnsworth

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
My vote for Bret was trying to be funny and to ensure I wasn't clapped. It doesn't make sense to vote for him though as JM can get back in if he is clapped.

I'm not sure of the vote count, heading to Ames soon, and don't want to throw my vote away.

Rescind Bret
Vote Ctown

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
School all day and coaching now so I haven’t been able to ready other than the last 2 pages . I think it’s a runaway right now and don’t want to randomly vote someone without a reason and have it come back to bite.

Vote CTown

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The concept of adding mafia is an interesting social experiment. Strategically, the game is a lot easier for innocents if all recruits decline the offer by the mafia, meaning that only 3 people need to be found. As far as gameplay, it could be more fun to join the mafia. I'm curious what will happen.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
My vote for Bret was trying to be funny and to ensure I wasn't clapped. It doesn't make sense to vote for him though as JM can get back in if he is clapped.

I'm not sure of the vote count, heading to Ames soon, and don't want to throw my vote away.

Rescind Bret
Vote Ctown

Voting for me would be throwing your vote away.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I can't decide if I'd rather vote for a clapper and limit the damage, or vote away from them since they'll take themselves out.

For the time being, I'll take the limit damage option and vote dandy, but I'm going to try to jump back on before the clock is up to see what's going on.

This sounds mighty mafia, glad I put a vote on ya earlier.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I don’t mind this, with a few exceptions. I’m not going to post what happens until an actual decision is made. So if either side makes a successful bid but the recruit doesn’t decide right away, I won’t share it until it happens. Also, I’m not going to specifically share how much the bid was as the NCAA gets that info and I think part of their role is to figure out if they ever want to share that. Fair compromise?

With that being said, the Small Schools have successfully recruited a two star

The Big Schools did not have a successful recruitment.

Just making sure people don't glance over this. That's great that the good guys are up a recruit.

Also good that the Big School didn't have a successful one. I assume they underbid, most people accept getting an invite.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Dandy voted. Bret has not and might not know the day ends at 6. Voting Bret out would be a bad idea as he’s likelier to be innocent due to innocent/mafia ratio.

Vote Bret out and JM won’t replace him. Bret getting clapped will get JM to replace him
Makes sense to me, I'm down.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Hard to change votes without a count and I'm on mobile. Considering voting ctown mostly to see if the run on him means anything. Knowing that Cubs is involved makes me think probably not.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Another thought about the group on clap watch. It is possible one of them has an important role and that is why the door was left open for them to be replaced. Innocents could survive a loss of a role with the numbers in their favor, but mafia only having three would make it more important to keep that role in the game. And since mafia failed to recruit, it could be the bagman (or they just underbid).

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

Cleaver

Jul 9, 2015
Yeah, that's where I'm leaning as well.
Although iirc (it's been a while) Cleaver likes to vote for me on day one. Not sure what I did to him but oh well. :)

Unless someone comes up with something way better, I'm gonna go with

VOTE FARNSY
You would be right. Generally no other reason other than I like to get you riled up on day 1!

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Anyone got a count? Is it close or will we need an official count later? I’m busy at work

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron