Norton and Sanders

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If both end up at a g5, that's two terrible rb recruiting classes the staff missed on, went from our deepest position to our thinnest. Missed on these two and Silas. It's a lot like the linebacker classes from 3 or 4 years ago, hope it doesn't come back to haunt us IM a year or two like that group.
Not really. If you land a major stud like Sama, the ones still here will leave, or not play, when he takes off. Doesn't mean they are awful, just not as good as Abu. ISU does not land that level of talent every year. If you can hold them for 3-4 years, you only need to land that talent every 3-4 years.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
If both end up at a g5, that's two terrible rb recruiting classes the staff missed on, went from our deepest position to our thinnest. Missed on these two and Silas. It's a lot like the linebacker classes from 3 or 4 years ago, hope it doesn't come back to haunt us IM a year or two like that group.
I don’t think they were misses at all. They were productive players for us and could have been nice depth players next year.

Not every recruit has to be a NFL prospect superstar

Reactions: CycloneVet

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not really. If you land a major stud like Sama, the ones still here will leave, or not play, when he takes off. Doesn't mean they are awful, just not as good as Abu. ISU does not land that level of talent every year. If you can hold them for 3-4 years, you only need to land that talent every 3-4 years.
Exactly, Sanders and Norton aren't misses. Sama is just a golden ticket.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Didn't seem to bother Rocco & Brenden Black.

Best wishes to the both of them. They ran hard and will be solid backs somewhere else. Homeboy Sama is the future.

If Sama stays on his current course of development he may have a chance to be the best homegrown rb in history? Roger Craig is likely the top guy. Am I forgetting anyone?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Williams posted in premium forum on Saturday about it, mentioning that Hansen and Sama were the future at RB. So sounds like it to me.
I think he was saying they were the future because Norton and Sanders got the transfer head start and we’re going to be done.

I highly doubt out of the blue before the season concludes Campbell is going to say have that sort of convo. That’s a season post mortem discussion.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
The timing was surprising/unusual, but no problem with it for me. They both played hard for us, and it turned out well, breakout game for Abu. I hope they end up somewhere that's a good situation for them.

Also Abu is definitely going to get some NIL offers to transfer himself this offseason. We can probably now more confidently say, you are the guy here.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The timing was surprising/unusual, but no problem with it for me. They both played hard for us, and it turned out well, breakout game for Abu. I hope they end up somewhere that's a good situation for them.

Also Abu is definitely going to get some NIL offers to transfer himself this offseason. We can probably now more confidently say, you are the guy here.
CMC wouldn't of told Sama he'd be the feature back unless he's committed to stay next year.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Harris was highly rated out of high school. Is he being written off? Can he find a significant role next year?