ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Sounds like around noon is when it can get interesting around the metro

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Would think tornado threat would be low if it hits around noon. I’m sure east of Des Moines and Ames though is where that might start.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Interesting that storm spotter training was postponed because of severe weather.

Do people actually pay for that? That's like taking a moon spotting class.

Why do people need a class to say hey................that's a storm?

When people with no training spot a storm..........does it count?

If a storm blows a house down and no trained storm spotter witnessed it.................did it really happen?

Maybe they should form a storm spotting union so no one is allowed to spot a storm without a permit. And no storm can be said to be a storm until someone with the proper training and permits verifies it's a storm.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Really hoping we can avoid the severe stuff here in the DSM metro. No tornados. No hail. As it is, my family decided not to put our garbage out for collection today due to the possibility of high winds.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Really hoping we can avoid the severe stuff here in the DSM metro. No tornados. No hail. As it is, my family decided not to put our garbage out for collection today due to the possibility of high winds.

Don’t bank on it. Watch is imminent.

• Sad
Reactions: MJ29

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Am I missing something? All of these ominous predictions but no severe thunderstorm watch? Maybe they are backing off on the severe prediction. It is rolling though western Iowa with no bad weather so far.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Am I missing something? All of these ominous predictions but no severe thunderstorm watch? Maybe they are backing off on the severe prediction. It is rolling though western Iowa with no bad weather so far.
Not the main band yet. Messaging has been consistent with it being an afternoon and evening event. Watches are issued a couple hours ahead so you will start to see them pop up shortly (hence the MD).