*** Official #22 Kansas vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Lol. Are you talking about DeJean’s invalid return? That wasn’t a “right call”.

The ruling, based on the view from above, was that he made a wave off motion, which invalidated the return.

If you look at the field level view—which is what the refs and players in the game all saw—his arm is clearly rotating. And blatantly so, like any person trying to keep their balance ever.

Which, running laterally, with the other arm out and eyes upwards, is exactly what he was trying to do.

It’s so embarrassing when Cyclone fans try to tell off Hawk fans…and they’re dead wrong.

Oh, and if you were referring to something else—please, do tell.

So DeJean runs that way ? Rotating his left hand……..to keep his balance? That’s BS. Balance my ass.

• Haha
Reactions: Aclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

The ruling, based on the view from above, was that he made a wave off motion, which invalidated the return.

If you look at the field level view—which is what the refs and players in the game all saw—his arm is clearly rotating. And blatantly so, like any person trying to keep their balance ever.

Which, running laterally, with the other arm out and eyes upwards, is exactly what he was trying to do.

It’s so embarrassing when Cyclone fans try to tell off Hawk fans…and they’re dead wrong.

This never gets old.

Thanks for stopping by Dave.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneLawman

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I def agree. If the offense isn’t missing in action for three quarters we win the game by two scores. But the D had multiple chances to shut KU down in dominating fashion and just couldn’t do it.
The problem is that often ISU needs the defense to get multiple big stops in the 4th quarter of the game, when the defense is tired, because the ISU offense has scored hardly any points in the first 2-3 quarters of the game, and the offense needs multiple scores.

I posted some stats in one of the threads last week, and just looking at previous game results for the upcoming opponents, it seemed to me that ISU would need to score near 30 points to beat KU, KSU, and UT in these remaining games. I felt pretty good about the KU game, because ISU had been more aggressive on offense in the previous four games, and KU's defense has not been good. Then last night, the ISU offense came out in dilly-dally mode for the first half, and left themselves the virtually impossible task to get the needed points in the time remaining, given how ISU plays offense.

Last edited:

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Are you serious about DeJean's left arm? You can't be serious. Am I missing sarcasm or something?

Reactions: acoustimac

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Campbell is on the hot seat. The Rot has set in deniers back tracking. Fire Campbell hire Brian Ferentz now!
Campbell will be here for a long time if he can consistently get six wins every seasons and a bowl game.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012

I heard this debate and thought about for a while.

Let's give Iowa some credit: DeJeans call was debatable. Was it or wasnt it. Some will say by definition: yes some will say no.

Noel's run was not debatable. There was never any debatable doubt he was out of bounce. Nothing. It was a bad blown dead call. Noel's was worse.

• Agree
Reactions: cytor