*** Official IOWA STATE vs #19 Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wow **** that ****. Bacon with three goofs and then the worst tackling ever. Oh and there was an ineligible man downfield there but whatever.

ISU seems to be going for the kill shot over just making the tackle.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Some teams, like KSU and Iowa, win games from just waiting for the other team to make a mistake…. and some teams, like ISU, lose games because they are the ones making those mistakes.

Offensively, we have two runs and that’s it. KSU has been going up and down the field on us.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I’m tired of losing games due to stupid ****.
If we are being honest with ourselves, we are going to have to get used to not winning in the margins some games. Campbell has said it ad nauseam, but we have yet to actually be good in the margins. Until I actually see it, we will be the team to hurt ourselves in these close games. There is a reason Campbell is the Scott frost of the big 12 in one score games…..

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Ugh. That touchdown may cost us the game and it is 100% on Matt Campbell. Trying to set up a punt return in this weather is mind-numbingly stupid. It is a perfect example of why he is 1-6 vs Kirk Ferentz. Having that punt hit an unsuspecting upman is inexcusable. Campbell needs to get his head out of his ass ASAP.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Not of fan of calling a timeout on D. Maybe our D was not lined up right. But if it was to get our defense organized, it backfired because it gave KSU 2 minutes to come up with great play call.
i said this exact same thing. I hate this. we did miss a tackle though.

we are screwed. score aside, we are being destroyed in plays, time, 1st downs. They are just slowly killing us in every way. we just happen to have two long TD's along with two key turnovers.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
could get out of hand this 2nd half.

Defense couldn’t stop 11 Helen Kellers

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
A few pretty sizable mistakes. The announcers didn’t seem to know that snow can muffle the sound (and it must be).

Anyway, hopefully we can get something going in the air as it sure doesn’t seem to bother K State’s passing game. If we can, we’ve got a good shot here.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
ISU seems to be going for the kill shot over just making the tackle.
Bingo. K State and Iowa are two teams that actually wrap, drive and tackle. We are loaded with a bunch of shoulder hitters trying to level the big hit. You just can’t do that.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude